Still on ver 4.5.3...no sync, no nothin'

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

I have not converted to ver 5. . Should I? When did it become available? I have rec'd NO messages to upgrade...Why not? I still have OS10.8.5 on iMac... Why should I upgrade to IOS 5.x.x?
On ver 1PW 4.3.5, in settings there is NO sync, no other security settings available?
What in the world just happened? Jim B

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I did not upgrade to Mavericks..Why should I? It gave me nothing new that looked reasonable, ... IBooks on my work machine? Who reads books on a desktop? Who has time? Now comes Yosemite...riddled with bugs, unreliable ...why upgrade now? I decided I will eventually...but then I " must" use iOS 8? On my iPad I still have iOS 7.1. Which 1PW version is best for me today?

Please fill me in on the proper versions that " go together"..... IMac & iPad...Knowing my installations so far.
    I have no iPhone and intend to not get one in the near future...if ever.. Thanks for listening..Jim B

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

As an afterthought to my post....I have OS 10.8.5 on iMac ; iOS7.1 on my iPad. What are the optimum versions of each 1PW I should have to accommodate my two systems?

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

OK, OK.....NOW in Settings the Vault, Security and Sync are BACK! Have done nothing Except I re-booted the iPad........I will continue to note here if it stays in an OK state. Thanks...

• If you're running OS X Mountain Lion and iOS 7, you will need to use 1Password 4. 1Password 5 requires iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

So, for me, just use any version of 1PW 4? Latest for iOS 7.1.2 is 1PW 4.5.3? And latest for OS 10.8.5 is 1PW 4.4.3?
    Are these correct for me?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi Jim ( @three-cushion ),

Replying to your second post here, which I merged from the related "I use OSX 10.8.5 & iOS 7.1...what are the suggested vers for the 2 1PW s to use?" topic you'd also created. Easier to have this all under one roof. :)

For OS X 10.8.5 on your iMac, 1Password 4.4.3 for Mac can be downloaded from the AgileBits Downloads page. You probably cannot get the Mac App Store version of 1Password 4 for Mac, since Apple only offers the compatible updates when it detects older versions and only if you purchased 1Password in the past.

For iOS 7.1 on your iPad, you may still be able to download 1Password 4.5.3 for iOS after first downloading version 5. We can't guarantee it will work, but you can try the specific steps that Jeff Shiner wrote up in this post.

Hopefully that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.