I cannot change the sync method from local to dropbox sync

TrytoN
TrytoN
Community Member

Hi

I purchased the premium features of 1Password because i like this application :) but unfortunatelly i have a big problem with this.
When i installed to my Note3 i chose local sync. I would like to change it to dropbox sync, but i cannot find any solution for this.
On settings menu there are 5 items : Security; Sync; Advanced; Premium features; About
If i click on Sync a see 3 items : Folder sync; Sync automatically; Notification.

Could anyone please help me in this case ?

Thanks

Comments

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

Hi @TrytoN‌,

The only way right now is to do it from "Applications" under Android system settings. Locate 1Password in the list of installed applications, click on it and select "clear data". It will delete all data for the app, resetting it to its default state after installation.

• TrytoN
    TrytoN
    Community Member

Hi J.M

Thanks for helping. I'll try your solution. Anyway if i'll clear data of the application, than database would be stay on local storage as well and will i able to copy it into dropbox and set it for the sync folder ?

Thanks

• TrytoN
    TrytoN
    Community Member

Based on J.M, i am able to change the sync method, thanks again.
    I installed to my PC (Win7) and it shows me DEMO mode and it requires the license key. From where could i find the license key ?
    I purchased on Google Play, but i cannot found the key.

Please help me, because PC demo expires on nov.19.

• Thank you for the update, I'm happy to hear you were able to follow @ J.M's instructions! At this time, it’s not possible to switch your sync method once it has been set up. The only way to reconfigure sync is to reinstall 1Password or by clearing application data. We understand how important this functionality is, and our development team has plans on adding this in a future update.

The Windows license for 1Password is not bundled with the premium features on Android. It's a separate purchase as we charge per platforms to keep costs down. If we offered a universal license, we would have to charge a lot more, because we still have to support development costs of each platform. This way, our customers can pay just for the versions that they need. As well, we offer bundles whenever possible, for a reduced cost, such as in the case of OS X + Windows, and we will certainly consider expanding this to other platforms in the future.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.