Double passcode prompt bug is back

Options
byronbrewer
byronbrewer
Community Member

When I have Dropbox auto sync enabled I always get prompted to enter my 1Password unlock PIN two times. Disabling Dropbox auto-sync fixes the issue 100% of the time. I feel like this bug creeps back into the app every 2-3 months. Why?

Comments

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed. This happened to me too a couple of times in the past couple of days.

• Thank you for pointing this out. Our development team is aware this issue is back in version 4.1.3. We plan on pushing an update with the fix very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@saad‌ I installed 4.1.4 update last week and this is still an issue. When can we expect this to be fixed? Really confused why this bug keeps creeping back into the app.

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen this to reoccur as well.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member
    Options

The latest beta also has this issue.

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@saad‌ I have to think this is impacting the majority of Android users. Why is this not a priority?

• You're absolutely right. We are prioritizing this issue as it does affect a lot of our users. The difficulty with this one is actually reproducing the behaviour as it does not happen every time.

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@saad‌ it happens to me multiple times every day. Happy to help in any way I can. Anything to get this fixed faster.

• Rivadi_NL
    Rivadi_NL
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem on my Android tablet. Sometimes I must enter the PIN-code twice. I use version 4.1.5.
    Android is 4.2.2.

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@saad‌ it's almost been a month since this was reported. Are you guys any closer to getting this fixed?

• @byronbrewer We're hoping to get this issue resolved soon, since it affects so many users. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when that will be. I'm sorry I don't have better news on that front!

@Rivadi_NL, Thanks for the info. Toggling the 'Sync automatically' box seems to get rid of the problem at least temporarily. :)

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@peri thnx for the update but I have to say this is really discouraging. I own 1Password on iOS, OS X and recently Android. When I moved from iOS to Android I assumed the experience and support would be similar but it's been the exact opposite. These sort of problems would never go unresolved this long with the iOS app. Seriously considering cutting my losses and switching to LastPass where Android development doesn't take a backseat to iOS.

• @byronbrewer‌ We're very sorry about the wait on this resolution. This was a toughie because it was hard to replicate consistently. It's very high on our priority list, so we're really hoping to have this fixed soon.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience here. We definitely don't want to come across as letting Android take a backseat. I hope you'll hang in there just a little longer. :)

• Dbender54
    Dbender54
    Community Member
    Options

I've experienced this on both the paid version and the beta version. It also periodically takes me completely out of the app after putting in my PIN shows its syncing to Dropbox (even though there might not have been any recent changes), then I have to open the app again and put in my master password, not my PIN.
    Galaxy Note3, 4.4.2

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member
    Options

This seems to be fixed in beta 6.
    Please make sure you reboot your phone after installing this version. This is what worked for me. Or, maybe killing the app once will work too.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Dmitry_N!

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

I used to be on the email list for beta updates but I haven't gotten one in quite a while. How can I get back on the list?

• peri
    Options

Hey @byronbrewer‌. You can sign up for the beta newsletter here:

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html

Hope that helps! :)

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@peri‌ I've tried to sign up a few times since you posted the link but I never receive the email confirmation email. Double checked my spam folder... Nada.

• peri
    Options

@byronbrewer‌ That's odd. I'll check with @Nik‌ on that.

In the meantime, would you please send an email to support+android@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion? Post a note here once you've done that so that I can look it up. Thanks!

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@peri‌ done

• peri
    Options

Got it thanks!

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@byronbrewer‌ You're still subscribed to our beta newsletter for Android, so you're all set. =)

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@Nik‌ strange. I haven't gotten a beta related email in months.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@byronbrewer, the last beta newsletter was sent in November. You've not missed anything. =)

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@Nik‌ what about the beta build notificationsthat are sent when a new build is available? That's what i was referring to.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@byronbrewer‌ I'm sorry for the confusion. As you don't need a HockeyApp account to download the beta, email notifications of new builds are not sent. There is just the in-app update notification when there is a new beta available.

• byronbrewer
    byronbrewer
    Community Member
    Options

@nik ah, got it. Thanks!

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Most welcome, @byronbrewer, glad we got things cleared up! Sorry for all the back and forth, and thanks for hanging in there. =)

• Rivadi_NL
    Rivadi_NL
    Community Member
    Options

Still not fixed. On my tablet I must use the pincode twice. On my phone no problem. Reinstalling did not help.

This discussion has been closed.