1Password iOS Extension with Web Page Added to Home Screen

Options
milleri
milleri
Community Member

When certain web sites are added to the home screen in iOS, the Safari UI components get hidden when launching the site from the home screen icon. It's triggered by the tag in the web site's code. Is there a way to use the 1Password extension to enter the userid and password when a web site does this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @milleri‌

I'd be happy to do some digging on this for you. Could you please give me an example website?

• milleri
    milleri
    Community Member
    Options

Try this: 1) Browse to https://2983-1.portal.athenahealth.com using iPhone Mobile Safari, 2) Add to Home Screen, 3) Browse to it again using the Home Screen icon. If you get what I get, there will be no UI components and no way to trigger the 1Password extension to enter the userid and password. Thanks for looking at this! Regards, imm

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @milleri,

Because there's no way to access any of the Safari UI components from a website added to the Home Screen, there's no way to access the 1Password extension, or any other extensions/sharing options that you would normally access from the toolbar in Safari. Adding a website to the Home Screen is a feature of iOS, so we don't have any control over how that works. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that!

This discussion has been closed.