Open Attached PDF Issues

Dmitry_N
Dmitry_N
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Android

Hi,
When I open a PDF file from a file explorer or otherwise, I see the following list of apps that support this type of file:

When I try to open a PDF from 1Password, I get a very weird list of apps:
Moon+ Reader Pro
Polaris Office
SE Text Editor (can't actually open PDFs)
Tasker (!) (can't actually open PDFs)

Comments

• Can you confirm if this only happens with attachment files that have spaces in their filename? There is a known issue where 1Password displays the wrong list of applications for attachments that have a space in their filename.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Indeed. Just added a couple of files with no spaces and confirmed.

• Thank you for confirming that for us. I've added a reference to this thread in our issue tracker so that our development team can investigate further.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

That's not all.
    Files with Cyrillic symbols have the same issue.
    Files with apostrophes also.
    Not nice.
    Actually, I would avoid any attachments in 1P. Lots of issues.
    I deleted a "passport" from my PC with a few attachments, but 1P on my android keeps syncing the non-existing passport with all those non-existing attachments each time I start syncing, consuming about 3 MB of traffic per sync.
    I cleared data on my android numerous times - no joy.

• I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing additional issues with this. Could you send us a diagnostic report so that we can investigate this further? To send the diagnostic report, please go to 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Email diagnostics. Before sending the email, please paste the URL for this thread - https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/31881/open-attached-pdf-issues - in the body of the email so that we can correctly identify the support ticket with this thread.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Report sent. Although my vault no longer contains any attachments. But some of them still keep syncing.

• Thanks for sending in the diagnostics report. I've taken a look at it and I replied by email with some instructions that should help resolve the issue. In the meantime, we are looking into the issue that you identified with attachment handling based on the filename. Thanks once again for the feedback!

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Hi,
    Sorry about the delay.
    I actually tried reparing the vault on my PC a few times a couple of weeks ago. It only found errors once out of my numerous attempts.
    I also clear data on my Android a few times with no luck.
    However, the latest beta seems to have fixed the ghost attachments issue.

What remains though is that I have 295 logins on my PC and 297 logins on my Android.
    Clearing data doesn't help (I am able to see in the notifications drawer that the sync process keeps "ignoring obsolete items" or something like this).
    Thanks again.

• From looking at the diagnostic report, it looks like the issues that you are experiencing are attributable to the 1Password.agilekeychain file having been generated by an older version of 1Password. Since repairing the data file didn't resolve the issue, the next step will be to regenerate the file instead. I've sent instructions on how to do this by email. Feel free to follow up here or by email once you've had a chance to regenerate the file.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Thank you.

I did everything as instructed.
    The "ignoring obsolete entries" thing is gone.
    But the phone picked up 297 logins out of 295 on my PC :smile:

PS: The import procedure asked me a few times whether I wanted to import a duplicate entry and replace an already imported one. I answered no and then found a few logins in Trash.
    PPS: The repair tool didn't find any issues either before exporting, or before and after importing.

• mverde
    edited December 2014

I suspect that 1Password on your Android device may not be treating a couple of those duplicates as trashed. Could you confirm that the items in the trash are no longer needed by comparing them to the corresponding items in your vault? If they are in fact duplicates, permanently deleting them may resolve the issue of the discrepancy between login item counts on Windows and on Android.

Assuming that you no longer need the duplicates, could you try the following?

1. Launch and unlock 1Password on Windows.
    2. Right click on Trash and click on Empty Trash.
    3. Wait for the changes to sync to Dropbox.
    4. Launch and unlock 1Password on Android.
    5. Wait for the changes to sync from Dropbox.
    6. Check the login count for your vault on both Windows and Android.

Hopefully that will resolve the differing counts. Let me know how it goes.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Nice guess, but sorry, no.
    Trash can on my PCs has been empty since a long time ago.
    I also did a hard reset on my phone last weekend, and the number of logins on my device is still +2.
    It would be interesting to export the list from the device somehow and compare it with the PC version.

• Just to be clear, I was referring to the Trash in 1Password on your PC and not the Windows Recycle Bin. In your previous post, you mentioned that some duplicate items were moved to the Trash:

PS: The import procedure asked me a few times whether I wanted to import a duplicate entry and replace an already imported one. I answered no and then found a few logins in Trash.

Are these items still in the Trash in 1Password or have you since permanently deleted them?

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

I was of course talking about Trash in 1P. It's empty now.
    Does 1P really have the capability of moving items to Recycle Bin in Windows?:)

• We don't use the Recycle Bin in Windows. I was just making sure that there wasn't any ambiguity. :wink:

There isn't an automated way to determine which items are showing on your Android device that aren't showing on your Windows machine. Before I suggest going through the list of items on each device line by line, I would like to get you to try to log into 1PasswordAnywhere and see whether the item count there matches 1Password on your PC or your Android device. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Interesting...
    1PasswordAnywhere shows exactly the same number of logins as my PC does (298).
    My Android device shows 300.
    I've just cleard data, re-synced, and I still have 300. WTH?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Is that 298 figure on 1PasswordAnywhere just logins or is it all items? The Android interface uses the new opvault format's Category set. This is a smaller set of categories than the agilekeychain format and so any items in the agilekeychain that don't map to the new opvault format's categories then they get stored as logins.

I'd put good money that you have 2 items in one of these categories in Windows/1PasswordAnywhere:

Reward Program
    Outdoor License
    Email Account
    FTP Account
    Instant Messenger
    Generic Account
    iCloud
    iTunes
    Amazon S3
    Internet Provider
    Router
    Server

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Thanks! :smile:
    Problem solved. I have two messaging accounts, which are treated as logins by Android!
    Thanks again.

• Glad to see the problem was resolved before the holidays! Thank you for letting us know :)

This discussion has been closed.