1Password 4 sync issues with Dropbox

Options
gfruit14
gfruit14
Community Member

Let me begin by saying that I have submitted a detailed email to support and after not hearing back for more than a week, I forwarded it on to the urgent support email. I have not received a reply from them either. I'm appalled that I haven't received a human response by now, it's really not a good way to conduct a business.

I've been using Dropbox sync for several years now and only had an occasional problem here and there, but was able to work out solutions through the forums, support, and documentation. However, my latest problem isn't making sense to me and I'm not sure where to turn because I can't get a response from support.

I have a desktop running OS X 10.6.8 with 1Password 3, an iPhone on iOS 7 with 1Password 4, and a laptop running 10.9.4 with both 1Password 3 and 4 installed.

At some point a few weeks ago when I opened 1P4 to check on the sync status/method in the preferences, it was as if I had never selected the Dropbox location. I don't know if that was the start of this issue or not, but it was somewhat disconcerting and confusing. After choosing Dropbox and selecting the file, I was told it would merge data, and typed in my password and clicked ok. So I thought things would be working fine. It wasn't until I added something from my desktop and tried to bring it up on my laptop that I noticed the issue.

When I add an item to the database from my desktop it shows up on the iPhone without a problem, as well as the reverse. It doesn't show up at all in 1P4 on my laptop, but it does in 1P3 on the laptop. (I had not thought to check 1P3 on the laptop prior to contacting support, so that wasn't in my message to them. It does make things even more confusing though.) So obviously there's nothing wrong with the file on Dropbox, but 1P4 is having problems reading it. When I add an item from my iPhone the exact same thing occurs, it shows up in 1P3, but not in 1P4. Adding a new item to 1P4 results in it only being added to its own database and not the iPhone or 1P3 on either computer.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gfruit14‌

Sorry for the delay in responding to you, we're still trying to fight our way through a substantial number of support requests and unfortunately it has had a major impact on our ability to offer timely responses. Having posted here I've found your email so I'm going to close this thread and I shall respond to it just now to avoid any confusion and risk of cross-communication.

ref: WSM-39579-334

This discussion has been closed.