Dropbox & iOS 8 Do Not Match Mac OS X

Options
invalidptr
invalidptr
Community Member

This started out with, "My updates aren't being reflected in 1Password on iOS 8 via Dropbox." But when I opened Dropbox's 1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.html in Safari I found that it's not up-to-date either.

e.g. Dropbox html 693 Logins vs 1Password Mac OS X 697
e.g. Dropbox html 7 Secure Notes vs 1Password Mac OS X 10

My vault as shown on Mac OS X has 1176 items while iOS 8 has 1168.

I'm a little spooked because I thought Dropbox was my data but since I can see them in 1Password OS X then maybe I'm OK.
I was experiencing multiple HTML files as described here. So I deleted them all. Deleted the iOS app. And started over. But no change. I haven't deleted Dropbox on iOS 8 since I can reproduce the problem via Dropbox in Safari.

1Password Version 5.0.2 (502006) Mac App Store
Been using 1Password since Dec 2009. Currently on Mac OS X version 10.10.1.
Dropbox is 76% full.
Dropbox OS X client version is v2.10.52.
Change made on old record in iOS 8 does not reflect on Dropbox HTML file.
Change made on old record in Mac OS X does not reflect on Dropbox HTML file.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @invalidptr‌

Here's what I think we should do, we're going to reset your Dropbox in terms of the agilekeychain.

Now you said you deleted the iOS app and started over. I assume you're referring to 1Password there. If you've done that once that suggests there aren't any changes on your iOS device that you're looking to keep. I'm going to be working on that assumption so please do not follow these instructions if that isn't the case.

1. Erase 1Password's data on your iOS device. You can do this by going into Settings > Advanced and selecting the Erase Data and Settings option near the bottom.
    2. On your Mac enter 1Password's preferences and change to the Sync tab. Click on the Change Syncing... button and tick the checkbox Delete data from Dropbox. This will wipe the keychain from Dropbox.
    3. Re-enable syncing on your Mac. Give it a moment to sync.
    4. Verify it has worked by using 1PasswordAnywhere from Dropbox's web site (this will confirm the new key has synced from Dropbox's local folder on your Mac.
    5. Re-enable syncing on your iOS device.

That should sort you out. I can't give you the exact reason why Dropbox is acting up but this will allow you to start with a fresh keychain in Dropbox based on your Mac's vault.

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that did the trick. My flow is in that attached image. It would seem that 1Password lost its Dropbox sync information. Weird.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @invalidptr‌ Glad to hear you're all synced up once more, I don't know why 1Password would have disabled Dropbox.

Oh and fantastic screenshot :smile:

This discussion has been closed.