Google Drive desktop App, can't paste password

Options
SlickSlack
SlickSlack
Community Member

The OS X Google drive desktop app, that runs from an icon in the menu bar, generates a login "page" that doesn't seem to be associated with any open application and it doesn't allow you to paste a password from the 1password application. The Adobe CC management app also runs from the menu bar icon and it does allow you to paste a password. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a work around. I tried typing it out but got it wrong three times. I know this topic might get lost in the countless requests for Google Drive sync requests but I hold out hope someone has solved this already.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SlickSlack‌

I'm not big Google user myself, when you say the Google Drive desktop app is this what you're referring to? https://www.google.com/intl/en/drive/

I've seen programs once or twice (admittedly Windows) where they might disable the keyboard shortcut for pasting (so for OS X it would be ⌘V) but they don't disable the context menu option to past (when you right click on the text box and select Paste) Are both options unavailable to you?

Please do post back with your findings, for starters it will help keep the thread active until we find an answer.

This discussion has been closed.