WiFi Sync Windows 7 to iPhone 5c

Options
donkauffman
donkauffman
Community Member
edited November 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been unable to WiFi Sync my iPhone 5c 1P to my Windows 7 1P.

I get a pop-up meesage on the iPhone saying:

Sync Problem

The operation couldn't be completed.

Operation timed out.

Under More Info:

Sync Problem

Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain

Code=60 "The operation couldn't be

completed. Operation timed out."

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 1P 4.1.0.530

iPhone 5c iOS 8.1.1 1P 5.1.2

I tried several "Secrets," same problem.

I tried rebooting the iPhone, same problem.

I tried rebooting Windows, same problem.

I pinged the iPhone from Windows and received replies ranging from 3ms to 1762ms with an average 743ms.

I checked my Windows firewall status based on other discussions.

The firewall is turned on for all locations and managed by my network administrator. I cannot turn it off.

"Block all incoming, including all of those in the list of allowed programs" is unchecked.

"Notify me when Windows Firewall blocks a new program" is checked.

Do you have any suggestions?

Comments

• donkauffman
    donkauffman
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@svondutch - I received a Notification that you commented on this topic on Nov 23rd, but when I followed the link in the notification message I received an error message that the message could not be found. If you have a suggestion, would you please repost it? Thanks!

• Hi @donkauffman‌,

Do you use any kind of other security software, or any program that monitors the network traffic on your PC?

• donkauffman
    donkauffman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffman,

Thanks for replying.

I have McAfee Virus Scan and Host Intrusion Prevention services. The Host Intrusion Prevention Firewall is disabled but the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) is enabled for Host and Network. When I look at the Host Intrusion Log, I do not see my iPhone's IP address listed as a blocked intrusion. Nor do I see any blocked intrustions during the multiple time(s) that I tried the 1P WiFi Sync.

I stopped the Host Intrusion Prevention services and tried the 1P Wi Fi Sync again but had the same problem.

I also have Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent and Network Access Manager VPN to connect to our corporate network but I tried 1P WiFi Sync with the VPN disconnected.

I do have a question about the 1P Secret. In Windows 7 it shows up at three groups of four digits with a space between each group. I tried entering the Secret in the iPhone as three groups of four digits with a space between each group and as a twelve digit number with no spaces but neither Secret format worked. How should the Secret be entered, with or without the spaces?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

How should the Secret be entered, with or without the spaces?

It doesn't matter. We accept both.

• donkauffman
    donkauffman
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffman or @svondutch‌

Any other ideas why I cannot WiFi Sync my iPhone to my Windows 1P?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@donkauffman‌ Some piece of security software (probably a firewall) is blocking incoming connections. The iOS app needs to establish a connection to the PC. If you uncheck block all incoming connections, the PC will prompt you if you want to allow 1Password to accept an incoming connection and if you say yes, it should then start syncing properly.

• donkauffman
    donkauffman
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

For others who may have a similar problem, are not familar with Windows Firewall, and found the previous recommendations on this thread too cryptic, I finally solved my blocked incoming connections problem in Windows 7. I never could find an option that would allow me to uncheck block all incoming connections. Here are the steps that I followed.

1. Go to Windows "Start" and select "Control Panel" in the right pane.
    2. Select "System and Security."
    3. Select "Windows Firewall."
    4. On the Windows Firewall window, select "Advanced Settings."
    5. In the left pane, select "Inbound Rules." This where I saw several 1Password entries, some with a status of "Allow" and others with a status of "Block."
    6. Select each with a status of "Block." In the right pane, select "Properties" and then select the "Allow the connection" radio button and then click "OK."
    7. Repeat for all 1Password "Block" entries.
    8. Follow the 1Password WiFi Sync instructions..

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that follow-up, @donkauffman‌!

I hope it'll help others with a similar problem in Windows 7.

• chriscob
    chriscob
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much, Don Kauffman! This worked perfectly for me with the addition of one more step. The first time I tried this, the sync just added to the logins that were already on the phone and ipad, so I had many duplicates. I deleted the apps from both devices, reinstalled it and synced again. My world is in sync now.

One thing that isn't clear to me. If I change passwords on my Windows system, will the changes automatically be propogated to the other devices?

• Thanks for confirming this fix Chris. We do have awesome users in here :)

Regarding the master password change: When you change you master password on the PC, this change will not be synchronised to the iOS device.

• MarkTodd
    MarkTodd
    Community Member
    Options

donkauffman you are a complete legend, Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad that helped! And a big thanks to you, donkaufmann, again for sharing your success. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.