Form the website to the App Store

Options
Bilbo
Bilbo
Community Member

I bought 1Password directly from the website, but I'd like to use the iCloud syncing which only works with the App Store version. How can I "transfer" my licence from one to the other?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bilbo‌

Unfortunately we just don't have a way to to transfer a customer from our Web Store version to the Mac App Store one - Apple just don't have this kind of functionality in place. Can I ask when you purchased 1Password from us? If it was in the last 30 days we can offer you a full refund and then you can purchase it from Apple's MAS.

While having a copy of 1Password available in Apple's MAS can mean visibility to a larger audience, Apple's stores are quite walled off and we have next to no control there at all. We don't have the ability to see who has purchased it, transfer existing customers or even offer a discount to people that have bought another version e.g. our iOS app. We're limited until Apple offer more flexibility.

• Bilbo
    Bilbo
    Community Member
    Options

I bought it yesterday.

• Bilbo
    Bilbo
    Community Member
    Options

could it be easier to send me a redeem code for the App Store?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bilbo‌

At the moment with how the App store works between Apple and ourselves it isn't viable, even on a very small scale. If you purchased yesterday we can refund you, no questions asked and then you're free to purchase it from Apple's Mac App Store - that's definitely your best bet.

I recommend emailing us at support+licenses@agilebits.com stating your order details and request a refund, feel free to state why if you wish. To help along the process if you were to include your forum username and a link to this thread that would. Then if you reply to this thread with your ticket ID we can link the two up and ensure you're responded to promptly.

• Bilbo
    Bilbo
    Community Member
    Options

support ID is [#NFQ-65752-431]

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bilbo‌

I've found your ticket and somebody will respond soon.

This discussion has been closed.