Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 "Web Browser Signature could not be verified"

David Orriss Jr.
David Orriss Jr.
Community Member

After upgrading to the latest version of Chrome I'm seeing the following message when I try to fill in passwords on forms:

I went to the troubleshooting guide and tried disabling "Verify code browser signature" and I still see the same message (so turning off the code browser signature verification doesn't work at all). Trying to switch to the beta version of the browser extension had the same issue.

Comments

• David Orriss Jr.
    David Orriss Jr.
    Community Member

I resolved the issue. Turns out it was GlimmerBlocker. I saw the following post

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/159610#Comment_159610

And turned off the proxy for anything in 127.0.0.1 and now things are working again.

:smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @David Orriss Jr.

I successfully have the following running.

Google Chrome 39.0.2171.71 (64-bit) with 1Password extension 4.2.5.90 freshly downloaded and default preferences in 1Password (which include the Verify browser code signature option being enabled).

Can you try deleting all the 1Password extensions you have in Google Chrome, chuck in a reboot (I know, it shouldn't make a difference) and see what happens when you try to download a fresh copy of the extension.

If it still isn't working please do report back here as I'm confused as to why it should work on mine and not yours. If you could confirm all the versions of the bits involved that would be handy too.

This discussion has been closed.