1 Password 5 won´t open in Yosemite [Moved to email]

Options
JorgeM
JorgeM
Community Member
edited December 2014 in Mac

Since I´ve upgraded to 10.10.1 that 1 Password 5 is having trouble in opening. I´ve uninstalled and reinstalled, worked fine but then again does´t open. The Safari extension (4.2.5) works great, no problems. I´ve even tried opening through Safari and then the app itself, worked once or twice, but not any more.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JorgeM‌

I think we're going to need some more information I'm afraid. When you say you're having trouble opening it and it isn't working fine, are you getting any error messages? What do you observe happening when it stops behaving as expected?

If you can report back here we'll see if we can help you sort this out.

• JorgeM
    JorgeM
    Community Member
    Options

Well, the 1Password app animates but does´t open the app itself. I get no error messages.

• Hi @JorgeM,

To clarify... you enter your master password and unlock, then see the unlock animation, but the app crashes after that?

So we can investigate further, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• JorgeM
    JorgeM
    Community Member
    Options

No, I don´t even login with the master password. I just try to open the app and it crashes. But the browser app is working. PM sent.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JorgeM‌

I see you've emailed us so we'll continue the conversation there :smile:

ref: AQG-42969-733

• JorgeM
    JorgeM
    Community Member
    Options

I´ve already sent PM, any ideas ?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JorgeM,

I see that Adam is already helping you out via email. We'll keep the conversation going directly there so that we don't get things muddled up or duplicate our efforts between here and there. :)

• JorgeM
    JorgeM
    Community Member
    Options

OK; but he has´t said anything yet since I sent the report. Is he analyzing it ?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JorgeM‌

We had some trouble with your original email as the diagnostic report was stripped out of it by ScanMail. I replied to you on the 2nd asking if you could try again. If you have sent in a second DR I do apologise but we've not realised and linked the new email up to the old. If you didn't receive an email from myself I apologise, I don't know what has happened to it.

So if you've tried to send the DR in again and still have the automated reply could you post the new ticket ID for me please so I can locate it. If you didn't get my request could you generate a new diagnostic report (ideally downloading a fresh copy of the DR reporting tool as it has been updated recently) and again, if you could post the ticket ID here it will help identify the ticket so we can match everything up.

I'm sorry about all of this.

• JorgeM
    JorgeM
    Community Member
    Options

OK; I´ll send in a new DR with the upgraded tool and a link to this thread.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @JorgeM‌ Once again, apologies over the breakdown in communication, I don't know why you haven't received our response from the 2nd.

• JorgeM
    JorgeM
    Community Member
    Options

PM sent.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JorgeM,

Since we're dealing with this particular issue via email now, I'll close this thread.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.