3 devices: 2 synced (windows and android), 1 not (mac)

Options
CPhiker
CPhiker
Community Member

Hi,
My mac just isn't syncing properly. My android shows all the passwords, as does my windows computer, but the mac version of 1password only shows passwords that I created and saved while I was using my mac computer. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Adam

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CPhiker‌

I'm assuming you're using Dropbox to sync your devices and if I had to guess I'd say they're not all pointing to the same location. If you search your Dropbox do you find two agilekeychains by any chance?

If you do we'll work to get these merged but we'll wait to hear back from you before detailing the steps and of course if that isn't the case do post back here too!

• CPhiker
    CPhiker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks littlebobbytables. Yes, I'm using dropbox to sync my devices, however I just checked my dropbox and I do not see two agilekeychains...

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @CPhiker,

Could you please check to ensure sync is currently enabled on your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync.

Also, you'll see the path to the keychain there. Please make sure it is the same keychain that 1Password for Windows is using.

If syncing is enabled and you're using the correct keychain, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• CPhiker
    CPhiker
    Community Member
    Options

THANK YOU! I had to go into the folder under 1Password > Preferences > Sync, set up syncing and now it all works perfectly!

• You're welcome, @CPhiker! I'm glad to hear that fixed it. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• CPhiker
    CPhiker
    Community Member
    Options

I do have one more question. I purchased the license for my android (separately) and then the joint license for the windows and mac computers I own. If I get a tablet, do I need to buy another license? If so, can it be the $7.99 one from the google app store? Thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CPhiker‌

If you're purchasing an Android tablet and as long as set up the tablet so its using the same Google ID as your phone (I assume that's what you mean when you said Android before) then the purchase you previously made should appear. In other words, as long as all your Android devices are configured correctly and using the same Google ID then a single purchase is all you need. If you're referring to an Apple tablet then you would need to purchase an iOS licence much like you did for your Android device. You can download 1Password for iOS for free and if you want the additional features you use the in-app purchase to do so.

Does that help?

I'm glad to see JasperP got you sorted out with your sync issue.

This discussion has been closed.