What are the Passwords listed undr Identities (1Password for Mac)

Options
royofsf
royofsf
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I've got 58 of these. I assume that these were created for accounts (websites) but NOT used. If that's the case, is there any reason that I can't delete them to eliminate clutter and start over in this section?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @royofsf‌

Are you seeing something like this?

If you are then as long as you're positive that these passwords are either not important or stored elsewhere you can safely delete them. The Password item is created if you use the Password Generator and use either the Fill or Copy button. 1Password saves it in case you need to refer back to it and titles the Password as best it can. If you used Password Generator from the extension it will title it according to what web page you seemed to be on. In instances like this you can double check to ensure you have a Login item with the correct password and if you do delete the Password item, confident that you're not losing anything important.

Normally though, if you save a new Login using the extension and 1Password recognises it has a previously saved Password item with that password it will delete the Password item for you (on the assumption you don't want both a Login item and the Password item).

If you have another program active when you used the Password Generator it will use the program's name e.g. Skype or Calculator.

Does that help explain what you're seeing?

• royofsf
    royofsf
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, perfect. Thanks

• On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.