How to add my single licence of 1P onto partner's iMac?

Options
My1P
My1P
Community Member
edited December 2014 in Mac

Hello, I have a single licence, bought from Agilebits store 2 weeks ago, installed it on my Macbook and all my idevices (and I only use wifi sync). Now I want to put 1P on my partner's iMac. How? (I have not been able to find the answer in your online resources.) I downloaded the trial version of 1P onto my partner's iMac - thinking I could put my licence details in on my partner's downloaded version. But cannot see how to do it.

Comments

• My1P
    My1P
    Community Member
    Options

The post title should be 'How to ADD my single licence of 1P onto partner's iMac' :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Current licensing rules say that you can use your single use license for up to six family members living in the same household. If that applies to you, install it on your partner's machine and use the same license file to register it. If that's not your case, you partner should purchase a license him- or herself.

• My1P
    My1P
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for that but you haven't answered my question :) I am using the 'single licence for family' (I've read the AgileBits Licensing webpage). What I need to know is - how do I find my licence file so that I can use it on my partner's machine. If you can tell me the licence file location, that'd be great.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

A link to retrieve your license file was in the email you received when you made your purchase. If you've lost track of that message, you can request a new copy of the license by entering the email address you used for your original purchase on this page.

A tip you might find helpful for the future: I've stashed my own license file as an attachment to my entry for 1Password in the Software category so I can find it whenever I need it.

• Hi @My1P,

I just re-sent your license to your email address. You can forward that to your partner if needed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• My1P
    My1P
    Community Member
    Options

All good now - have installed 1P on my partner's iMac and onto my iMac - I initially installed it onto my Macbook. So 3 desktops now have 1P.
    Installing onto my iMac was easy - I used the email with the licence info
    But my partner's iMac was tricky because 1P would not recognise the email with the licence info - so I needed a workaround. (This is why I posted this discussion in the first place.)

This is what I did:
    1. Downloaded the trial version of 1P onto the Mac (my partner's iMac)
    2. After downloading, double-clicked to install (and moved the download to the Applications folder)
    3. Started 1P, and then it asks 'are you are new to 1P' or 'you have used 1P before' - I clicked the '...new to 1P' option
    4. Put in the master password details (I made this the same as my master password on 1P on my Macbook)
    5. In the top left corner of the 1P toolbar, click 1Password 5, then License... (at this point, the screen that appeared said that I was using a trial version of 1P)

These are the last few steps to install 1P onto my partner's iMac because I could not use the email with the licence info; I had to find the licence file on my Macbook.
    6. I copied my licence file from my Macbook to my partner's iMac - after searching my Macbook, I found the licence file in my Library > Group Containers > xxxxxx.com.agilebits> License. I copied this file to my partner's iMac (just into Documents) and with 1P still open on my partner's iMac, I double-clicked the licence file.
    7. Voila! The screen that appeared now said this is a licensed version (not a trial version). Mission accomplished!

I appreciate the comments from hawkmoth & JasperP - thank you for taking the time to respond to my discussion.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Great to know know you worked it out. And your clear account should help others with similar installations.

• Hi @My1P,

Excellent to hear you're setup with the other Mac. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :smile:

Rick

This discussion has been closed.