Attachment destroyed?

Hello,

today after booting my pc 1Password started and i got the update-message to version 4.1.0.530. So i read the release notes and saw the new attachment file limit of 5MB. (bad decision in my opinion)

I have at least one important bigger file (around 30MB). So i clicked "no", opened 1Password and wanted to save it somewhere else for backup.(in case i accidentally click update the next time)
Then i found my file in 1Password, but double clicking did nothing. I tried it with some other small attachments and there it worked. So i didn't get access to my important file. So i checked the size of the 1password keychain in my dropbox folder and it was only 12MB! -> probably too small to contain my file

Is my attachment lost? Got the file deleted by your software? I am also using 1Password on my iPhone, so maybe the new file size limit got "enforced" by the iPhone App?(just a random unlikely guess)

This seems like a serious problem. Is this some known bug? Files that are put in 1Password are there to be very secure. I don't really know how it can be reproduced. I am currently using Version 4.1.0.526. (Yes, i know 1Password is no backup for a file.. but i have a month old keychain backup with the same problem :( )

Other question: What happens with bigger files in 1Password, when i update to the newest version?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Is this some known bug?

No it is not. The attachment limit should only affect new attachments you're adding to your vault. It shouldn't affect your existing attachments.

What happens with bigger files in 1Password, when i update to the newest version?

Nothing.

This discussion has been closed.