Build Expired [1Password 5.2 betas are available now at HockeyApp]

Options
emanuel
emanuel
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

Hi all,

I just found out that my build expired. I logged into the Hockeyapp website and the version available to me is 1Password Public Beta 5.1.2 from November 6, 2014.

Is there a newer version available or do I have to switch to the standard app now?

Have a good day.

Cheers,

Emanuel

Comments

• Good morning, @emanuel‌, and thanks for taking the time to write in. That build is the newest available through HockeyApp, so for now you may want to consider switching to the App Store version of 1Password. Thanks!

• Hi @emanuel,

We just shipped our first 1Password 5.2 for iOS beta to HockeyApp, so you should see it now.

• emanuel
    emanuel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

I just read your comment. I'm not getting email notifications for notifications it seems but that's fine.

Thank you very much. I've installed the beta again. In the mean time I switched to the standard version but I'll continue testing the beta versions now. Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to more great features.

But the most important feature for me is the WiFi sync (Additionally to the standard functionality of course --- and lots of other stuff :-))

Cheers,

Emanuel

• Hi @emanuel,

I'm not getting email notifications for notifications it seems but that's fine.

Have you checked your notification settings to see if it is set to email you? It might be set only for starred threads. If you star the thread on top right, you'd get emails.

Thank you very much. I've installed the beta again.

You're welcome!

But the most important feature for me is the WiFi sync (Additionally to the standard functionality of course --- and lots of other stuff :-))

You should like the upcoming 1Password 5.1 for Mac update we're working on right now. In fact, you can test it now with our 5.1 betas. You'll see that we're adding selective vault sync via Wi-Fi now.

• emanuel
    emanuel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I also like that the WiFi sync option is much easier to find now in the sync menu. The only thing that is a bit of a problem, but that's not your fault I guess (I'm pretty sure), is that it's not working at Uni where I'm working. I guess these CISCO access points here just block all internal communications between devices. I can only access the Internet. At home it works perfectly.

• Hi @emanuel,

I guess these CISCO access points here just block all internal communications between devices.

This is likely your IT department blocking all bonjour advertisements, which tends to be very chatty. You probably do not want to sync any private data (not just 1Password data) in any public networks anyway.

We have a request in our tracker to support connecting via IP address/port directly, so that bonjour is not required for 1Password to find the Mac or PC.

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT‌
    I'll be up against the same thing soon as we'll be deploying desktop 1Password to the 8 employees in my department. We'll allow them to sync 1P data with their mobile devices over Wifi, which likely won't be possible over the University network without direct IP connection. I'm glad you guys have this on your docket.

• Hi @fatherfork,

Thanks for letting us know, I've added your feedback to the request. Hopefully, we can get it implemented before your deployment.

This discussion has been closed.