How to use a Family License on multiple Macs

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
edited December 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from another topic.

Comments

• LynneT
    LynneT
    Community Member
    Options

1 password: My husband purchased a family license for the software. He upgraded to version 5.....I am still using 4.....How do I update on the family license without having to pay again. Someone should be available to answer the phones to answer my question.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@LynneT - The licensing terms changed with the release of version 5, and the family license is no longer sold. However, now the single user license allows for use by up to six family members in the same household, just as with Family Sharing in the Mac App Store. So to register your own copy of version 5, simply download and install it, and then add the same license file your husband used.

Since you referred to the family license, I am assuming that your original purchase was directly from AgileBits, as the Mac App Store never sold family licenses.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LynneT‌

Please let us know if hawkmoth's post got you sorted. He's correct, both of you should just need to apply the same licence file and if the original purchase was a licence for 1Password 4 then there isn't an upgrade price for running version 5.

This discussion has been closed.