How to restore the .1ptbackup from ver3.7.2 to 1password 5 in ios8

Options
JeffWong
JeffWong
Community Member

I once backuped the data as 1passwordXXX-XXX.1ptbackup on ver 3.7.2. Now I change iphone, install 1password5, How to restore the data "1passwordXXX-XXX.1ptbackup" into 1password5?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JeffWong, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately the .1ptbackup file can only be restored to 1Password 3 for iOS. However, it should still be pretty easy to get your data imported to 1Password 5. What you'll need to do is install 1Password 3 on your new iPhone, restore your data to version 3 using the backup file, and then you'll be able to import it to version 5. You can follow these steps:

• On your new iPhone, make sure you're logged in the App Store with the same Apple ID you used to purchase 1Password 3
    • Open the App Store and go to Updates > Purchased
    • Search for 1Password in your purchase history and download version 3
    • Open 1Password 3 and set up the Unlock Code and Master Password (if it prompts you to import, tap Later).
    • Restore your data to 1Password 3 by clicking this link and following the steps for Restoring Data from a Backup

At this point your data should be restored to 1Password 3. If so, continue with the following steps:

• Double-click the Home button and swipe up on 1Password 3 and 1Password 5 to close those apps
    • Open 1Password 3 again, and choose to import data to the new version

If you have any questions about that, please let us know! :)

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

solved. Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome @JeffWong, I'm glad that helped! :)

This discussion has been closed.