TOTP Feedback

Options
zwaldowski
zwaldowski
Community Member

So thrilled about TOTP support in the new beta. A couple of items of feedback:

• The placeholder text on the OTP field (i.e., the otpauth:// bit) is misleading; it made me think that I had to fashion the full URI for the secrets that I've backed up for migrating/testing OTP apps when just the Base-64 secret works.
  • Quick access. Ideally you'd have a button for quickly getting to your list of all logins with 2FA tokens, but in the short term maybe 1Password could offer to make any login you add 2FA to a favorite when you hit "Done" in the editor.
  • There are several animation and appearance glitches in rearranging items and sections once a TOTP section gets added. Tapping down on the website dragger, for instance, jumps it into the TOTP section with no recourse. Other times, tapping down on a dragger will make the background of several section headers white.

Comments

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member
    Options

I would echo the above, and add that it would be great to have the token number copied automatically with one tap.

• Hi guys,

@zwaldowski:

The placeholder text on the OTP field (i.e., the otpauth:// bit) is misleading; it made me think that I had to fashion the full URI for the secrets that I've backed up for migrating/testing OTP apps when just the Base-64 secret works.

We went with the most generic method that everybody would see but we'll see what we can do to improve this.

Quick access. Ideally you'd have a button for quickly getting to your list of all logins with 2FA tokens, but in the short term maybe 1Password could offer to make any login you add 2FA to a favorite when you hit "Done" in the editor.

You could do that by favoriting it after saving it.

I'd suspect a smart folder to find all Logins with 2FA fields might be needed by default. I'll add a request to our tracker to make sure there is a quick access to this list everywhere.

There are several animation and appearance glitches in rearranging items and sections once a TOTP section gets added. Tapping down on the website dragger, for instance, jumps it into the TOTP section with no recourse. Other times, tapping down on a dragger will make the background of several section headers white.

Interesting, thanks for letting us know. I've also managed to crash it by tapping on the dragger for TOTP field.

Bug ID #: OPI-2063

@skylarp:

I would echo the above, and add that it would be great to have the token number copied automatically with one tap.

I'll add that to our tracker, we do have to speed it up a bit since it is time-based.

This discussion has been closed.