1Password 1 Chrome Extension vs. Flash player coexisting

Options
VilleV
VilleV
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue that has become very annoying over the past weeks; my Flash plugin in Chrome keeps crashing and hanging up web sites with Flash content (and that unfortunately is majority of web sites)

So naturally I tried to do some common troubleshooting things to solve the issue: I removed Chrome completely as well as the standalone version of Flash. Then I reinstalled Chrome, and - yay - everthing worked like a charm.

Or so I thought. The second thing I did was install 1Password Chrome plugin 3.9.21. After that the flash started crashing again. Removing the 1Password plugin fixed the issue.

The conclusion: Adobe Flash Player 15.0.0.239 that comes with Chrome 39.0.2171.71 m has some troubles coexisting with 1Password Chrome plugin 3.9.21.

Are there any next steps you could recommend in solving the issue, as I would still like to use 1Password with Chrome.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and in case these matter...

Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Make: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model: UX32VD
Type: x64-based PC
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3517U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 cores, 4 logical units
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. UX32VD.214, 29.1.2013

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VilleV I'm sorry you are having this problem. Have you considered updating to the 1Password version 4 extension? This upgrade is FREE for everyone who purchased 1Password in 2013 or 2014. Thanks!

• VilleV
    VilleV
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I puchased it in 2010, but maybe it could be time to upgade :blush:

Then again it seems flash is crashing every now and then now even without 1password plugin so maybe it's some driver issue or such. Thanks for trying to help.

This discussion has been closed.