Student discount and upgrade costs

Options
Boris Mattijssen
Boris Mattijssen
Community Member

Hi there,

I was wondering if you guys do student discount, like many other companies do?
And also I was wondering, wether I would have to pay for further upgrades?

Kind regards,
Boris

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I can't answer your question about student discounts, but I can say that many updates are free to registered users, but sometimes major upgrades do require payment. This happened when version 3 was replaced by version 4. But version 5 is offered to all version 4 registered users for free.

Registered users who purchase from the AgileBits web store have received discounts on paid upgrades, but there is no mechanism for giving discounts for Mac App Store buyers. (You must buy from the Mac App Store, however, if you want to use iCloud for syncing.)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Boris

Yes you can get an educational discount. Please use the Educational Store front.

When purchasing from that store its best to use the edu email that you have to avoid having to send in verification. If you don't have one then you can use your normal email but you may need to verify by submitting a student ID etc. later on to the staff.

To expand on what @hawkmoth said, please make important note of what he mentioned regarding iCloud syncing.

Updates are generally anything within a sub group example x.2 and x.8 have always generally been updates. Still within the version major release.
    Upgrades usually require a fee sometimes often discounted. Upgrades would be from version 5 to version 6 for example.

But just to clarify no determination has been made by the staff on version 6 and I doubt it has been thought about yet. Well maybe in the back of Developers heads. They are pretty agile.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Boris Mattijssen‌ I think hawkmoth and thightower have you covered but if you have any more questions do please ask away.

This discussion has been closed.