(502005) Notes field no longer allows to select text

Fedorov
Fedorov
Community Member

I have a cinema login entry whereby I use the Notes field to keep the name and card number of all my family and friends when booking tickets e.g.
John 74936494877384
Lucy 63830200749388
Fred 08463839373739

Prior to this beta, each time I needed one of those card numbers to copy/paste when making an online booking I just used to tap/hold on a number and the iOS menu would pop up allowing me to select/copy that string of numbers from ONE line - I could repeat this copy and paste for each person...

This latest beta, if you tap/hold in the Notes field over any portion of text just selects the entire Notes box with an option to copy the entire note??!!

I now have to tap to EDIT my login item which then allows me to tap/hold within the Notes field and grab the text or number I require to copy.

This now requires a lot more effort and taps and has the potential to accidentally amend a login item. I shouldn't have to go and Edit an item each time I want to copy part of some text from the Notes field or any other field for that matter.

Thanks

Comments

• english06
    english06
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Within a "Passwords" entry for them you can create, under a new section, a 'label' for each of them as their name and the 'new field' as their card number. That way you get a quick one tap copy without needing to tap/hold or edit tap/hold to get each individual number. The note isn't quite made for copy/paste as much as a dumb (secure) sticky pad.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thanks @english06‌ - I'll give that a try, just seems a bit weird making the entire Notes field copy everything now and the only way to select from it is to edit your entry.

• Thanks for the feedback @Fedorov‌. My recommendation would be the same as @english06‌ here: create a new section and add each card number as a different field. Like so:

Alternatively you could enter them as secure fields.

• In fact, if you do this, copying each one will be even faster than the previous method.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thanks again for the feedback - I've done as your screenshot and it is indeed a quicker way to copy each one :)

• Awesome, glad to hear it!

This discussion has been closed.