One password asking for existing data file. Restore won't work. [resolving data issue through email]

Jeffrey Brown
Jeffrey Brown
Community Member
edited December 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I try to open password, the screen is asking me to create a new data file or find an existing one. I tried to restore from a backup but get this error message:

"Error: You don't have permission to save the file 1Password.agile.keychain"

It seems like the data file must exist, because my 1password is currently work fine, I used it daily with safari.

I'm on a Mac, using version 3.8.20.

Help please!

Thanks,

Jeff

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jeff ( @Jeffrey Brown‌ ),

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. We'll need to take a closer look at your system to determine where things are getting tangled up here.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac3

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Jeffrey Brown
    Jeffrey Brown
    Community Member

Hi, I did run the diagnostic report, after clicking the Create Report button, it seemed like it was trying to generate the report, but that little circle on the right just kept spinning and spinning. I let it run for a few hours on two occasions and it never completed.

Jeff

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jeffrey Brown

The 1Password 3 report generator comes in two different 'flavours' depending on what OS you are using. It sounds to me like you might be using the incorrect tool. Are you using OS X 10.6 or OS X 10.9?

• Jeffrey Brown
    Jeffrey Brown
    Community Member

Ok, that worked!! I just emailed you the info it generated via terminal.

Thanks,

Jeff

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jeff,

We've received your email and the Diagnostics Report; thanks! I'm already following up with you through email and will close this discussion so we're not getting support wires crossed between here and there. :)

ref: YFN-72818-545

This discussion has been closed.