Login issue , maybe you can find a solution

Options
ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited December 2014 in Mac

I have to re open a problem that didn't solve in the original post.

I find myself open every day a bank login , to enter the website I need to
Delete the password field

Fill ( after copy ) the password by pasta it to the same field that were deleted
And press return to log in.

If the password is the same , why do I need to re enter it again ?

Even 1password representative (Eva) connected me and controlled my iMac and see the problem.

Can you do something please. ?

Thanks

discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/138893#Comment_138893

Please see support case [#BYT-78464-982]

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ronen‌

If this relates directly to ticket #BYT-78464-982 then the last communication I can see between yourself and us suggested that the website in question was encoding state in the URL and this was somehow being 'forgotten'. The result was it was getting messed up. Now is it the exact same problem or a different issue but just with the same site?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.

Here is the last reply from u

"
    Hi Ronen,

It's not the URL itself that's the problem, it's the fact that the URL is telling us that the site is doing something behind the scenes that could cause this type of thing to happen.

Unfortunately I just don't think there's a way to resolve this particular problem as it's happening on the site's side.

Cheers!

Kyle Swank
    "

I am with the same issue in the same website .
    I just tired to copy / paste my long password every day ....

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ronen‌

It's that bit

Unfortunately I just don't think there's a way to resolve this particular problem as it's happening on the site's side.

Kyle is somebody I'd go to when I'm stumped so if he's saying that I don't know what to add. I'll ask though.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi @ronen

Adam let me know you had replied here and asked if I could step in since I am reasonably familiar with what's going on. Last time we talked it was your bank we were having trouble with.

There was a url you gave us:

https://hb.bankname.co.il/

Which I edited for privacy reasons just in case. Replace "bank name" with the real name for your bank and that may make more sense to you.

Can you try logging into the main page that you goto each time? Just copy the URL before you login, then login, log out again. Then instead of trying to login again, goto the page you copied to the clipboard, and repeat. Does it work every time? If so that's the best way to handle it I think.

Kyle

AgileBits Support

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kyle.
    Thank you for your reply.

After too many unsuccessful logins, the site blocked me from re-enter.

The site's support team will be available only in 2 days ( to give me a new password. )

I'll reply here after resolving my login issue.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

@Ronen Yea, you should definitely only ever let the wrong password type errors appear once before logging in properly again. Sites will lock you out if you enter the wrong password too many times in a row, especially banks.

My process would be:

1. Login on the main page
    2. Log out
    3. Goto the main page again (from step 1). Don't use the login page they present after logging out. That could be the trouble.
    4. Login
    5. Log out
    6. Repeat as necessary to see if it ever gives you an error. If it does, copy and paste to login properly and reset that invalid login attempt count.

You should also turn off auto-submit again (Edit the login item, change Submit to Never). Almost always this is a major cause of problems with bank sites due to their excessively bad code, insistence on multiple forms on the same page, and dependency on ASP technologies that wrap the entire page in a form.

If it gives you an invalid login type error doing this then it's definitely the site that is giving you trouble and unfortunately there is little we can do to fix this.

Kyle

AgileBits Support

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help.

Very appreciated !!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi ronen‌

I'm guessing we'll hear back from you on the Monday once you've contacted your bank.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Yes sir.

Thank you for your patience.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.

Can't log in after a new Bank's Password .

P.S

I tried a new 1Password login instead of the "old" one , fresh start - but no go ...

When using the 1Password Extension to make a new Login, I filled a password and in the 1Password Main App's Login password show a different password ....

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ronen‌

I've taken a brief look at that page. There is a script that is performing some sort of function on your password as you type it and that's what is messing things up. At no point does that password box actually contain your password which means 1Password can't pick up the correct password - it isn't there!

When 1Password fills in this script isn't being called meaning the password isn't transformed so that's why that isn't working.

It also changes each time and it isn't based on simply a cookie.

I'm not sure how anything we can do will be able to account for such a hostile site.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

It's my Bank's website , and I'm this bank employee , I can learn from your reply that the safety is high .

I just don't know why in the past I've succeed to log in automatically and now don't.

Anyway , please close this thread as we don't have to do something about it ...

Thank you !

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ronen‌

Security is important but I do wonder if banks have found the right balance. Humans are rubbish at remembering or typing in complex passwords, that's why we all believe in 1Password. The few times I need to read a password and type it on another machine - ouch. I think I'd rather have those horribly awful passwords than feel limited to something a lot more simple because I need to be able to type it. We'll see if @AGKyle‌ has anything he'd like to add.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

@ronen you could try manually saving the username and password in 1Password instead:

1. Create a new Login item in 1Password
    2. Enter a title, username, password and Website URL
    3. Set the Submit option to Never
    4. Save the login item

Now try using it. This might work better but no promises. It's possible that the bank has changed something since you were last able to use it correctly. It's impossible for us to tell though.

Kyle

AgileBits Support

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi Kyle

Thank you but No Go...

I am using the 1P Bank's Login , the Username and Password is automatically filled by 1Password in the Bank's website .

The log in is still at this situation ( As Never login appear in 1P preferences )

Then , I am deleting the Password , copy - Paste the password manually from the same 1P Login

Press Return ...

And only in this process - I can Successfully log in.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ronen‌ Unfortunately I think that means that the site is simply doing things that we cannot work around. Like Adam mentioned above I think that's the end of the road for us with this site. At least for now. I suspect that it'll work on Windows though when using AutoType, which simulates keystrokes. I'm not sure if this is something we can implement in 1Password but I'll pass the request over to the developers. It's certainly not something that would be an immediately available thing as there is likely a lot of work to implement it if we decided to do it.

Sorry for the trouble though! Is there anything else we can assist with?

Kyle

AgileBits Support

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Kyle.

Thank you for your reply.

I must say that I'm receiving a great support from all AgileBits stuff.

Indeed you're giving first class approach to your customers and I consider that you're one of the best app and customer service on our planet !!!

All the best.

Ronen

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ronen‌ Our pleasure. I've added your vote to the request and will also include it in a daily report I send in today.

Please have a wonderful week!

Kyle

This discussion has been closed.