Dropbox Synching Issue for Android

Bud Chaney
Bud Chaney
Community Member

Hello. I just updated some files and a couple of new ones and performed a backup to Dropbox from iMac 1Password. I use the mobil app for Samsung Note 4 using Kit-Kat 4. Android does not recognize the file on Dropbox. The new files entered on Mac are not taking place on phone. I receive the message "Sync completed No downloads found."

Comments

• WillR
    WillR
    Community Member

I also have this problem. I'm using 1password 5 premium for Mac, and 1password 4 for Android 4.4.4. New entries created on the Mac do not appear on Android. I think this started after updating the Mac app to version 5, but I'm not certain.

• greggarious
    greggarious
    Community Member

Same here. Have to run to iMac to get password that should have synced to Android through Dropbox. This needs an urgent fix.

• 123)(*
    123)(*
    Community Member

I am having the same issue, I'm running windows 7, dropbox, and Android Kit Kat. I checked the vault on the windows side and it's there with updates, checked dropbox and the updated items are there in that vault, but they don't show up on my phone. Anyone know how to fix?

• Hi everyone. I'd like to first make sure your vault data is syncing correctly to Dropbox. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

Is that vault complete or are recent changes missing from it?

• WillR
    WillR
    Community Member

Peri, thanks for your suggestion! This helped me diagnose the problem I was having. I saw that all of my 1 Password entries were not saved in Dropbox, even though I saw the most recent entries in 1 Password 5 on both my desktop and laptop.

It turns out I was inadvertently using iCloud sync since updating to 1 Password 5, and not syncing with Dropbox. I'm not sure why this happened, since I clearly remember choosing my 1 Password vault on Dropbox when setting up 1 Password 5. I wonder if this is a bug, where 1 Password defaults to iCloud on Mac OS X? I guess I might have told 1 Password to sync with iCloud as well, because I though it would be in addition to Dropbox, not a replacement.

To change your syncing preferences, open 1 Password preferences, and choose the Sync tab. From there choose "Change Syncing" and deactivate iCloud, and choose Dropbox instead.

• Hi @WillR‌

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you got 1Password syncing properly again. :)

I'm not sure why the Mac would have defaulted to iCloud, though, unless you had been syncing with iCloud before upgrading to 1Password 5, in which case it would have acted as a typical update and remembered your sync preferences.

• bobschor
    bobschor
    Community Member

I am having a syncing issue with my recently 1password 5 for mac and my android 4 and windows. It looks like dropbox is not syncing the info on the html file. I have set the vault on my mac computer to sync with dropbox. Any suggestions?

• Hi @bobschor‌

I'm not sure I follow. When you say Dropbox is not syncing the info on the HTML file, you mean 1PasswordAnywhere?

If so 1PasswordAnywhere wasn't designed with mobile use in mind, and as such we recommend using the mobile apps instead.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.