Failed to fetch some record zones (iCloud Sync)

Options
ecowood
ecowood
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

Hi I am unable to sync any of my iOS and Mac devices. On the iOS (all running latest iOS and 1Password versions and all signed into iCloud drive) I receive a message "Failed to fetch some record zones. 1Password encountered a problem. Dismiss.

On OS X 10.10.1 I receive the message iCloud in not available. Please enable iCloud to Continue. In setting iCloud is activated and 1Password mini is ticked in iCloud drive settings.

I can sync all via wifi.

I have tried the trouble shooting. I have a 1PW troubleshooting zip report if you would like it emailed

Comments

• ducktroll
    ducktroll
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Trying to enable iCloud syncing (across iOS 8 devices). Upgrading on my iPhone worked just fine and iCloud sync seems to occur without issue. Trying to setup iCloud syncing on my iPad mini fails with the error in the subject line. Completely removing 1Password and re-downloading makes no difference, same error.

Ideas? Troubleshooting suggestions?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ducktroll,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up with iCloud. There are a number of reasons why iCloud may not be syncing properly. We have a troubleshooting guide to help walk you through all the variables that might be affecting your iCloud sync. Please have a look through this guide to find more information:

http://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/icloud-sync-checklist-cloudkit

• ducktroll
    ducktroll
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

Thanks, but everything is as it should be. This is a new download of v5 onto the iPad.

The very first thing on opening the app is choosing to create a new vault or sync existing. I choose sync existing...iCloud...and it immediately returns the 'failed to fetch some record zones' error.

Syncing appears to be working just fine on my iPhone though.
    ~Ian

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ducktroll,

Hmmm, so you are upgraded to iCloud Drive for your iOS devices and resetting sync did not get things all shiny for you? Darn.

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mden
    mden
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ducktroll,

Did you happen to find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue. I'm wondering if it has something to do with iCloud Drive in general.

Cheers,

Mark

• hlapidos
    hlapidos
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I just upgraded to iPhone 6. My Mac (latest operating 10.9.5) system continues to synch with iCloud without issues or problems but 1 Password on my iPhone 6 gives me an error message: "Failed to fetch some record zones. 1 Password encountered a problem. Dismiss".

I have no idea how to resolve this problem. can you help? Henry

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mden and @hlapidos,

I apologize for the delay here. The release of 1Password 5 for iOS has been keeping us extra busy and we appreciate your patience.

At the moment, iCloud sync is restricted to iOS 8 devices syncing with other iOS 8 devices since we require iCloud drive. Syncing between iOS and Mac won't work with iCloud until our Yosemite-compatible upgrade of 1Password for Mac is released when 10.10 is available.

For more information and options, please see the iCloud in 1Password 5 FAQ. If you have any other unanswered questions please let us know. Thanks!

• ducktroll
    ducktroll
    Community Member
    Options

No solution as yet. I sent in a diagnostic report but in order to do that I had to choose to create a new vault. Hopefully they'll be able too get what they need from it despite that.

• MrRooni
    edited December 2014
    Options

Good morning @ducktroll‌. I took a look at your diagnostic report and see the problem you're running into. With this particular problem we've had success by asking folks to log out of iCloud on their device, reboot, and log back in. Please try that and let me know if it jogs 1Password into working.

ref: MIW-57295-313

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Does this post from AgileBits help at all?

Edit: are you using the Mac App Store version of 1P5 on your Mac?

Stephen

• ecowood
    ecowood
    Community Member
    Options

Hi i did log out reboot and logback in to no luck. I am running the app store version.

• ecowood
    ecowood
    Community Member
    Options

I logged out of iCloud on all my other iOS devices and now I have it working again. :D

• Ben
    Options

Excellent, thank you for the update. Glad to hear that is working now. :)

• bartelt
    bartelt
    Community Member
    Options

This worked for me.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bartelt, thanks for letting us know, I'm happy to hear that solved the problem for you! :smiley:

• ducktroll
    ducktroll
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome. Worked like a charm! Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update!

• FreddyP
    FreddyP
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync is down. Nothing helps. I get the error above. All settings are ok, iCloud Drive is on. Same account. Just won't sync between my iPad and iPhone.

1Password Version: Latest
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 8.4
    Sync Type: Icloud
    KB Article: icloud-error-data-not-found

• jordanleven
    jordanleven
    Community Member
    Options

None of my data was syncing, so I disabled iCloud sync and tried to reenable it, but I get an error message that says, "Failed to fetch some record zones". I'm running Yosemite and iOS 8 on my devices.

I've signed in and out of iCloud, deleted the app and tried to set it back up by starting with the existing vault, deleted the app and tried setting up as a new vault, deleted the 1Password data in iCloud.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 5.4.2 (iOS), 5.3 (mac)
    OS Version: OS X 10.10.3, iOS 8.3
    Sync Type: iCloud
    KB Article: icloud-error-data-not-found

• riggos
    riggos
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to get my iCloud sync working between iOS and mac store app.

I turned off iCloud sync as it clearly wasn't syncing on both mac and iOS.

I'm now trying to turn it back on on iOS and its showing the message "Failed to fetch some record zones 1Password encountered a problem."

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• rsully
    rsully
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to set up 1password for the first time and I am seeing this error on iOS 8 too. I already tried the logout iCloud + reboot + login iCloud (which is really inconvenient) on my iOS device and it did not work.

• jordanleven
    jordanleven
    Community Member
    Options

I having the same problem, and I've noticed a few other people who are having the same problem today. I wonder if it's an emerging issue.

• feliciajohnson64
    feliciajohnson64
    Community Member
    Options

I backed up 1password using iCloud and now I am trying to sync with iCloud and I am getting this message. I need this to be fixed! I have too much information that was on your app to lose!

• nucmedx
    nucmedx
    Community Member
    Options

I'm receiving the same error message when I try to sync with iCloud.

• nucmedx
    nucmedx
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem when trying to sync with iCloud.

• S_12302
    S_12302
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here! tried the various suggestions on other similar postings. No luck.

• jordanleven
    jordanleven
    Community Member
    Options

Same here.

• flamerock
    flamerock
    Community Member
    Options

I too have recently had this same problem.

Although the syncing just appeared to die silently. It wasn't until I disabled sync and then tried to re-enable it to use iCloud that I get the same above mentioned iOS error modal.

I have tried everything I could find on the forum to solve the problem. Such as:

• Running through every trouble shooting item in regards to iCloud.
    • Disabling/re-enabling Cellular data.
    • Yes all my devices are running the latest 1P and iOS versions.
    • Disabling and re-enabling iCloud Drive.
    • Logging out of my iCloud account on iOS, rebooting iPhone and then logging back into iCloud account.
    • Deleting and redownloading the iOS app.
    • Resetting my iCloud data for 1P.

In the end I have had to do a manual wifi sync to at least get my data onto my phone again, but this is hardly ideal as I want to primarily manage my items on iOS.

Please help! I can send a Diag report if necessary.

• kingzaviar
    kingzaviar
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue please give advice!

• jordanleven
    jordanleven
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like a bunch of people are having the same problem. I'm just using Wi-Fi sync for the time being.

This discussion has been closed.