Failed to fetch some record zones (iCloud Sync)

Options

Comments

• Matt K
    Matt K
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to sync with icloud but I keep getting an error message "failed to fetch some record zones - 1Password encountered a problem". Is this a known issue and is it being worked on? I would like my data to be stored on icloud so that I can then sync that data to my other devices. But so far it isn't working, this is my first time setting up my 1password so I dont have any previous icloud data. Upon initial try, I am getting this error message.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: ios 8.3
    Sync Type: icloud
    KB Article: switch-to-icloud

• Matt K
    Matt K
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having the same issue. Thanks for starting the thread.

• ethanmstoler
    ethanmstoler
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

For some reason, today I was unable to update any of my records so I reset 1Password on my iPhone. I tried to resync everything and all I have been getting it this "Failed to fetch some record zones" error message for hours now. I have followed all the steps in other forums, I have reset my iCloud data, I have restarted all my devices and this message keeps popping up.

Update: Syncing through Dropbox only works when I'm not on Wifi. This is only temporary, I need to get iCloud to work.

1Password Version: 5.4.2 (iOS) and 5.3 (Mac)
    OS Version: 10.10.4 and 8.4
    Sync Type: iCloud

• mgr03
    mgr03
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, me too.

No error messages but syncing between iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 and Mac Mini just isn't happening.

Followed all the troubleshooting tips but nothing has worked - any addition or amendment to 1Password only sits in the original application; it doesn't sync to the other devices.

All running the latest 1Password 5 and all signed in to the same iCloud account.

Could be an iCloud problem. I have checked the Apple website status report and it says all functions are 'up' but I created a file in 'Notes' on my iPad and it hasn't synced to my phone.

• dougee
    dougee
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, get the same error on my iPad, iPhone sync is working fine for me, but the iPad is tuck on this error!

• Jorgeelizondom
    Jorgeelizondom
    Community Member
    Options

Same error message but signing out-reboot-sign in of iCloud did not solved my problem.

First time using 1P (trial version)... started in my office PC and after saving login data for a few of my often visited sites, I saved my vault on OneDrive.

After installing the iPhone app and realizing Onedrive is not supported for iphone syncing, I moved my vault manually to iCloud drive. Came home and installed 1P on my home PC. I then synced my home PC with iCloud vault and no problem; I can see all my saved logins done in my office PC.

Searched this forum and found this thread. Please help

• trevodom
    trevodom
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I'm having the same problem...started the same way. iCloud sync wasn't working on my iOS devices tonight, but it was on my Macs. So, I disabled, and running into the same error when trying to re-enable on both of my iPhones and iPad.

I also tried resetting iCloud data from 1Password on my iMac, which didn't help the issue at all with the iOS devices. Everything is working perfectly between 3 Macs (5k iMac, 11' MBAir, Mac mini; all running OS X 10.10.3 & 1P 5.3), but not working on 3 iOS devices (iPhone 6+, iPhone 5s, iPad Air; all running iOS 8.3 & 1P 5.4.2)

• txlonewolf
    txlonewolf
    Community Member
    Options

Good evening!

I've been through the iCloud Sync troubleshooting checklist, but am still having issues.

Issue: sync stopped working, but only on my iPhone.

Gear/versions:

• Mac/OS X 10.10.3/1PW 5.3 from Apple Store
    • iPhone/iOS 8.3/1PW 5.4.2 from Apple Store
    • iPad/iOS 8.1.3/1PW 5.4.2 from Apple Store

Symptoms - attempting to sync on iPhone yields error: "Failed to fetch some record zones. 1Password encountered a problem."

I've completed the iCloud hokey pokey described in the troubleshooting steps multiple times - signing out, rebooting, signing in. No dice.

Most recently, I deleted the app completely from my iPhone, signed out of iCloud, rebooted, downloaded the app again and attempted to "Sync existing vault" upon launching the app. I'm greeted with the same error as noted above.

I'm wondering if there are some peculiarities that were introduced with iOS 8.3...

I've used 1Password for years on these 3 devices and it's been completely bullet proof - I would be lost without your product. I've directed countless folks your way. Keep up the great work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: iCloud

• dtfreak05
    dtfreak05
    Community Member
    Options

This didn't work for me. Latest iOS version, iPhone 6, latest app store version on Mac OS X 10.10.4

• LauraR
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thanks so much for raising this issue - we are investigating and will let you know as soon as we have a solution.

ref: OPI-2782

• flashy
    flashy
    Community Member
    Options

I am running into the same issue, logging out of icloud and rebooting / re-logging into icloud did not help.

• highcool
    highcool
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. iCloud sync is working fine one two Macs, but stopped syncing to an iPhone 6 Plus (latest iOS update & app version). Tried disabling and re-enabling iCloud sync and got the "failed..." message above. Signing out of iCloud on the iPhone, rebooting, re-signing-in to iCloud didn't help.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FreddyP,

Thanks for letting us know. Have you gone through our entire iCloud troubleshooting guide to see if that helps alleviate the trouble?

Thanks!

• wHgzePwKq33
    wHgzePwKq33
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here, i tried everything i found on the forum and troubleshooting, just like @flamerock.... i can't send a report because it's my first time logging in on iOS, i'm trying to sync with iCloud and i get this... (on iPad and iPhone, works on my 3 macs though)

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble :(

We're investigating this issue and will let you know as soon as we have a solution.

• kevintreid
    kevintreid
    Community Member
    Options

also having this issue. I'm currently running iOS 8.3 and Mac OS X 10.11 el capitan beta

• FreddyP
    FreddyP
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I even removed and reinstalled the app from mi iPad (where data was out of date) and tried to reconnect. After removing iCloud data, my iPhone will not even re-start sync. Same error message.

• riggos
    riggos
    Community Member
    Options

Phew glad it's not just me and my incompetence

• agile_ra
    agile_ra
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Same problem here. I purchased the Mac 1Password version just 5 days ago so that I could sync secure info with my iPhone via iCloud. Just two days ago all was fine, but any new 1Password items added to my Mac in the last day is not sync'ing to my iPhone. So I too now am getting the iPhone "Failed to fetch..." error message after turning off then back on 1Password's iCloud sync'ing (including after removing the 1Password data from iCloud and then re-sync'ing it).

For me the timing is poor since I was in the middle of populating my iPhone with all those new strong passwords 1Password generated for me that I can't possibly remember. Agilebits - please fix this fast: I didn't buy 1Password only to have to revert to writing passwords on a piece of paper to carry around!

• vickypedia
    vickypedia
    Community Member
    Options

Facing the same issues. Tried everything, disabling and enabling iCloud, restarting the phone, have reinstalled 1Password thrice so far, with no success. Its working fine on my other devices (iOS 8 and Yosemite), but can't get it to sync with my new 6 Plus. iCloud seems to be working fine for other apps, so not sure what the issue is.
    Help!

• rob142
    rob142
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Same issue - new user as of tonight.

Set up 1Password on my Mac first. Set up some initial passwords. Selected sync with iCloud. It said that it had successfully synced with iCloud. I cloud drive is checked on my account. Then I started it up on my iPhone. Got an error message when it tried to sync with iCloud: "failed to fetch some record zones". iCloud Drive is turned on with my iPhone.

I've deleted the iPhone app and reinstalled. Same issue.

Here's one detail that might be relevant. I'm definitely using the same iCloud account - but on my Mac it is the original alias for @me.com and on my iPhone it is the updated alias of @icloud.com. Same account though. I've logged in through my Mac setting with the @icloud.com domain and it automatically changes it to the @me.com domain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• dromen
    dromen
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Same issue for me as well. iCloud syncing was working for months between 3 Macs and 2 iOS devices, now it is toast on the iOS side with the "Failed to fetch some record zones" (first noticed in the past 24 hours).

@Riggos - not just your incompetence, and thankfully not just mine as well. Misery loves company... :-)

@Support: I should note that I have attempted to restore synching multiple times to no avail. I have followed your instructions at https://support.1password.com/icloud-troubleshooting-reset-cloud-data/ , as well as manually deleting-off all of my data on my iOS devices and in iCloud, yet still the issue persists any time I attempt to sync from an iOS device (even with a completely empty/reset vault).

• jolipoli
    jolipoli
    Community Member
    Options

My Yosemite Macs are syncing via iCloud, but the iOS devices are not getting updated even though "Syncing" says "now". All OS and apps are up to date. Will check in the morning to see what the latest is on this.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hey folks,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I merged all of the threads for this issue into this one thread.

As far as I know, the error you are seeing is specific to 1Password 5 for iOS when syncing with iCloud.

With this particular problem we've had success by asking folks to follow these steps in exactly this order. Even if you tried some of the steps before, please try these exact steps in this exact order. Again, the steps and the order are important, so please do give this a try:

1. Log out of iCloud on your iOS device
    2. Reboot your iOS device
    3. Log back in to iCloud.

Please try that and let me know if it gets iCloud working better for you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My Yosemite Macs are syncing via iCloud, but the iOS devices are not getting updated even though "Syncing" says "now". All OS and apps are up to date. Will check in the morning to see what the latest is on this.

@jolipoli: Ah, thanks for sharing that! That seems to coincide with what I'm seeing. I wonder if this is limited only to CloudKit (which is Apple's API used for iCloud Sync on iOS) if it's working on OS X.

Right now I don't have anything definitive to share, but we'll update the thread as things develop. Thanks for your patience!

• TedPrice818
    TedPrice818
    Community Member
    Options

I installed 1Password 5.4.2 on iphone6 and ipad mini yesterday. both iOS 8.3. iCloud sync'ing went well, and stopped. I believe I have checked all settings. Can you help?

• alanjuan
    alanjuan
    Community Member
    Options

@khad
    If log out of iCloud, all iCloud sync data of other apps have to be moved from device. Any other way to solve this problem without log out?

• Angels13Wings
    Angels13Wings
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this issue. My Macs are syncing fine which leads me to believe it's on the iOS side of things. My girlfriends iOS devices are getting the same error message as well. I saw the fixes that worked for some others but not even a full restore did the trick. I'm really looking forward to a fix.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If log out of iCloud, all iCloud sync data of other apps have to be moved from device. Any other way to solve this problem without log out?

@alanjuan: While your data will still be in iCloud (so you won't lose it), I will say that in this instance it doesn't seem to be helping most folks so it may be worthwhile to hold off and see how things with iCloud pan out.

I saw the fixes that worked for some others but not even a full restore did the trick. I'm really looking forward to a fix.

@Angels13Wings: I hear you. And I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. The sooner the better. Thank for your patience!

• flamerock
    flamerock
    Community Member
    Options

@khad I did try logging out of iCloud on iOS, then rebooting and logging back in (after also deleting the 1P app). This made no difference for me.

This discussion has been closed.