Failed to fetch some record zones (iCloud Sync)

Options

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fsm and @tshewangrigdzin, I merged your posts with this existing thread. For the most up to date information, please see:

[Status Update] iCloud: Failed to fetch some record zones

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ndevries, I merged your posts with this existing thread. For the most up to date information, please see:

• toonwinters
    toonwinters
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I had to reset iCloud data after 1Password failed to sync between iMac, iPhone and iPad. Data on iMac succesfully copied to iCloud, but both iPhone and iPad failed to sync, stating 'failed to fetch some record zones'. Any suggestions? Thanks, Toon Winters, The Netherlands

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    KB Article: icloud-troubleshooting-reset-cloud-data

• notagile
    notagile
    Community Member
    Options

I sync using iCloud. I checked my iCloud account and have plenty of available storage space.

• hkoster1
    hkoster1
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I had the same problems on my iPad and iPhone, and finally reverted to WiFi syncing those devices to my iMac, with the iMac backed up to iCloud. Should I ever need simultaneous syncing across all my devices, then there would still be Dropbox...

• sprankie
    sprankie
    Community Member
    Options

May I know any update for these issue?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

There is a link to the top post in this section of the forum two posts up from yours, @sprankie. That's where updates will be posted when they arise.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

If you are just now joining us, please see this thread for the latest:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

It is iCloud that is causing this and not 1password.

Why do I think this?

Because 1password sync worked fine after last update until now.

Also I have another separate app that is only loading from iCloud 11 of 63 documents so I bet it is Apple iCloud that is missed up.

Time will tell.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @kunder,

I don't know that we know that for 100% sure at this point, but since we haven't released an update since May 26th and things seem to have broken around June 16/17th, I personally don't believe at this point that it is something we did that caused the issue. None the less, the issue exists, and we are working with Apple to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks!

Ben

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @toonwinters & @notagile,

I've merged your questions into this larger thread about the iCloud error you've been receiving. You can read this thread for more information.

I'm sorry you're impacted by this issue! We'll be sure to update this thread with more information as we get it.

• sjabey
    sjabey
    Community Member
    Options

I am having trouble syncing with iCloud to my iOS device (iPhone 6) and Mac. I have purchased both the App via the App store for my Mac and in-app purchase on my iOS device. I have answered yes to the initial checklist and still seeing the "Failed to fetch some record zones". Please assist.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sjabey,

I'm sorry you're getting that error message! I moved your message to our iOS forums and merged it with an existing thread about this issue. I hope you don't mind!

As you can see from the other messages here, this is a known issue that seems to have just started in the last day or two. Our developers are working to figure out why this is happening, and we have more information here. We'll update that thread as soon as we have some more information. Thanks for your patience!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi @Audentia,

I've moved your comment into a more relevant discussion in the iOS forums. This thread (in particular Ben's recent post above) should tell you what you need to know, but if there's anything else we can do to help - please let us know!

This discussion was created from comments split from: iCloud sync not working between Mac and iOS.
  • sjabey
    sjabey
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG,

Thank you for the feedback. I stumbled across this thread after my post, thank you for moving it into the appropriate forum. I just want to confirm that in order for iCloud to work (whenever the fix is identified) I did need to purchase the app for the iOS device AND for my MAC? I just made the $50 purchase today so you can understand my concern when the iCloud functionality was not working immediately after download.

• Ben
    Options

@sjabey,

Correct, the iOS and Mac app are sold separately. You do NOT need the Pro features of 1Password for iOS in order to sync with iCloud. If you don't need the other Pro features, you can actually get away with the free version of the iOS app.

Certainly understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience. We're trying to get things ironed out with Apple.

Thanks!

Ben

• sjabey
    sjabey
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for. I was under the impression I needed to purchase the Pro IOS app in order to use iCloud syncing. Which is the reason I purchased the app. How do I go about getting a refund for the IOS purchase?

• Ben
    Options

You can request a refund from Apple here:

http://reportaproblem.apple.com/

Please note that under normal circumstances Apple's policy is that all sales are final, but they will on occasion make an exception.

Thanks!

Ben

• sjabey
    sjabey
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome.

• jbakker
    jbakker
    Community Member
    Options

Got a new iPhone and facing the same issue. hope that it is solved soon, because 1password is one of my most important apps.

• Aaron H.
    Aaron H.
    Community Member
    Options

Naturally, I have the same problem mentioned in this thread (iOS 8.latest, Yosemite) so I attempted to switch to Dropbox syncing until it is resolved. However, after having the iOS version sync to Dropbox, when I turn on the same for the desktop version it spends literally hours attempting to sync and never appears to actually do anything. I also tried switching the desktop to use folder syncing and pointing to the appropriate place on the file system of the synced Dropbox folder with no luck.

So, are we 100% certain this is really an iCloud issue and not just a general sync problem between desktop and mobile?

• JeremiahJGomez
    JeremiahJGomez
    Community Member
    Options

Any chance you can feed me an email update at your leisure on this issue so I can switch back to iCloud sync? I'm having same issue, 2 days ago everything was syncing like clockwork, last night I noticed it was a no go. I have 3 devices to sync to, in the mean time I was successful at switching to dropbox sync for all 3 devices. The pucker factor was a tad high once I figured out it wasn't syncing. Thanks for any update status on this issue.

• Ben
    Options

Hi Aaron,

So, are we 100% certain this is really an iCloud issue and not just a general sync problem between desktop and mobile?

Yes. :)

But that isn't to say that you couldn't be having a different issue getting Dropbox sync setup. Please try setting up Dropbox syncing (vs folder syncing) and then if the problem persists I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• macvox
    macvox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi...

So...I bit the bullet and ordered 1Password from the Mac App Store…
    (I did a get info, and confirmed it was (Mac Store) version properly installed.... then i deleted the old app.

I also, just to be sure…..I deleted my old iPhone apps 1Password and 1Password PRO (more $$$ wasted)
    and downloaded the current 1Password in the iTunes Apple store.

Even though the new 1Password 5 mac (mac app store) app says that it is syncing alright to iCloud.....
    I'm not able to set up syncing to iCloud my iOS devices....which are iPhone 5s and iPad

Every time I attempt to set up iCloud syncing on both iPhone and iPad.... I keep getting the following....same error message……:
    "failed to fetch some record zones”

I’m running the following:

Mac is on OS X Yosemite, latest….. on Mac Mini
    Devices are iOS 8 latest —— iPhone, and iPad

I'm using wifi sync now alright...but really want to get the iCloud sync issue fixed once and for all.

HOPE you can help me........ I love the program....but this setup is so maddening and $$$$$.

Thanks much.

• LauraR
    Options

Aaron, Thanks, we have received your diagnostics report and we will be replying to you via email.

ref: EXC-99571-146

• macvox
    macvox
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same basic issues as trevodom . . . works on my Mac but not on my iOS devices (iPad and iPhone 5s) ...which all have latest versions of operating systems installed. OS X Yosemite & iOS 8

and have tried all the above fixes.... deleted, re-installed, toggled iCloud on/off,
    "Failed to fetch some record zones" appearing on BOTH iOS devices when trying to set up iCloud sync.

Using WIFI until this is fixed.

Does anybody know how long this issue has been going on?

• seaverb
    seaverb
    Community Member
    Options

:( I can't not sink. :'(

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options
  • schmura22
    schmura22
    Community Member
    Options

I report same problem... Any chance this is due to having two iCloud accounts due to legacy MobileMe/iTunes/iCloud setup? If 1Pass is purchased with one account (say for me, my iTunes acct which is also my MacStoreAcct, but your iCloud account is something else AND the account that is signed into on my Mac in system prefs, there's no way for the MacStore to know to sync my 1Pass data with my iCloud, right? OR is it known that the iCloud sync functionality works in this scenario??? This (inability to merge iCloud accts) has always been a lingering (unrectified) problem...

This discussion has been closed.