Failed to fetch some record zones (iCloud Sync)

Options
12346»

Comments

• robSails
    robSails
    Community Member
    Options

Right.. So 1P is really wanting me to hate the app... bought the version direct a while ago. Then the iCloud hack stopped working so yesterday got tired of the stoopid WiFi sync dance (open 1P on all devices one at a time, etc) so bought copy from App Store... Now iCloud doesn't work for it either? WTF?!?!?

Refund !!!

• mgr03
    mgr03
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this is an iCoud issue!

I can not believe there has been no progress on this matter and that Apple remains silent on this.

None of my Apps that sync via iCloud (Apple or third party) are syncing.

Purchased TV programmes and movies are no longer showing in iTunes (the programme with the cloud & arrow are gone). All the usual and recommended trouble shooting steps completed without success.

Coincidence sure; but probably related!

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

I also am not able to sync via iCloud. I updated info on my Mac hours ago and the changes are not appearing on my iphone6+ or iPad Air.

Will I create a sync issue later if I manually add the changes to my devices as well?

All software and operating system are latest versions.

• sprankie
    sprankie
    Community Member
    Options

Just Tested, it looks working now.

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Same here. The error is gone. Option comes up to merge with data in iCloud. Would merge make duplicates of everything?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Will I create a sync issue later if I manually add the changes to my devices as well?

@rlgleason51: It is possible that this would result in a sync conflict. Please try syncing again, as it sounds like iCloud is starting to come back for at least some people! :)

Using WIFI until this is fixed.

@macvox: Please try again, as we're getting reports that iCloud is coming back for some!

Does anybody know how long this issue has been going on?

I believe the initial reports started coming in late into Tuesday.

I report same problem... Any chance this is due to having two iCloud accounts due to legacy MobileMe/iTunes/iCloud setup?

@schmura22: It's definitely not you! I actually have a similar setup myself (way too many Apple IDs!) and this has never caused problems for me in the past...aside from remembering which I use for which. ;)

Then the iCloud hack stopped working so yesterday got tired of the stoopid WiFi sync dance (open 1P on all devices one at a time, etc) so bought copy from App Store... Now iCloud doesn't work for it either?

@robsails: I'm sorry for the confusion! There has been an iCloud issue affecting sync for the last day or so, which happened to coincide with your purchase. Please try again and let us know if it's working for you now, as it looks like it's starting to come back up!

Purchased TV programmes and movies are no longer showing in iTunes (the programme with the cloud & arrow are gone). All the usual and recommended trouble shooting steps completed without success. Coincidence sure; but probably related!

@mgr03: I had a similar experience myself the other day which led me to the same conclusions, but we really didn't want to place blame initially without being certain. Very confusing!

Same here. The error is gone. Option comes up to merge with data in iCloud. Would merge make duplicates of everything?

@sflomenb: Yes, merge is what you want. I'm sorry for the confusion! We have it prompt you in case you didn't expect to have 1Password data in iCloud, to avoid merging old, stale data you may have forgotten putting there in the past.

Since you're just trying to re-enable iCloud sync to pick up where you left off after a day or so, just merge the data on your iOS device (possibly with changes you've made in the mean time) with that in iCloud and you should be all set! :)

Just Tested, it looks working now.

@sprankie: This is fantastic news! Thanks for letting us know. I actually just tested it again myself, and after many, many hours of failure I too was able to again sync with iCloud! :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

To everyone in this thread:

I am really sorry for the inconvenience, and really appreciate your patience while these iCloud Sync issues are being sorted out. I know how frustrating it can be when something we depend on stops working as we're used to.

It sounds like we may be nearing the end of this ordeal though, so hang in there and be sure to let us know both if you continue to have issues, or confirm that you're able to successfully sync now. And thanks again for contacting us. We're always here to help! :)

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    Options

I am able to sync on both my iPhone and iPad again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sflomenb: Woohoo! Thanks for the update. I'm glad that it's working for you again! :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync is working for me again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rlgleason51: Yesss! :)

• sflomenb
    sflomenb
    Community Member
    Options

Just curious, what caused the problem? How did you resolve it?

• Aaron H.
    Aaron H.
    Community Member
    Options

It has begun working for me again as well.

Of course, now that I got everyone all working properly on Dropbox I wonder if there is any benefit to switching back to iCloud.

• gmreed
    gmreed
    Community Member
    Options

Everything seems to be working again. Three of four devices (I can't get to one right now) are sync'ing through iCloud again. Thank you to everyone involved in getting this working again.

I did notice that the forum thread that you continue to refer everyone to has not been updated yet. Just thought I mention that.

Anyway, thanks again.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@macvox, I hope you don't mind, but I moved your message about this issue from our Mac forums to this discussion (which I then noticed you also found shortly after posting on the Mac forums). The link from danco's reply to you has some more information. Also, you may have already seen brenty's message to you that asked you to try it again, as it looks like iCloud sync should be working now.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you're still having trouble with iCloud sync, please let us know!

• macvox
    macvox
    Community Member
    Options

Tried syncing to iCloud this morning ...

Voila

It's working!

• Ben
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Of course, now that I got everyone all working properly on Dropbox I wonder if there is any benefit to switching back to iCloud.

@Aaron H.: I hear you! The primary benefit iCloud has over Dropbox is the simplified setup process. Dropbox has a lot more flexibility too, since it's available on more platforms and you can share and sync multiple vaults. Ultimately it's just a matter of deciding which one is the best fit for you. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just curious, what caused the problem? How did you resolve it?

@sflomenb: I'd like to know myself! It wasn't a problem on our end, and ultimately I'm not sure what Apple did to resolve it. And frankly since I'm not an iCloud engineer, I probably wouldn't understand the answer even if they told me. ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I did notice that the forum thread that you continue to refer everyone to has not been updated yet. Just thought I mention that.
    Anyway, thanks again.

@gmreed: Thanks for the nudge! I would have liked to have updated it myself early this morning, but I wanted to be sure that it was working for everyone first (rather than getting folks excited prematurely)!

Just as we can't really take responsibility for the problem, I'm hesitant to let us take credit for resolving the issue (ultimately this is Apple's purview).

However, I do want to thank you and the rest of our awesome customers for reporting the issue and being patient as we worked with Apple to get it resolved. :chuffed:

• dp65246
    dp65246
    Community Member
    Options

So I just got around to switching back to iCloud. When I did I received the notice it would merge, since I had made several changes and did not want to merge and just wanted to update all the new data to iCloud I went in and deleted the iCloud data on one of my devices. So now when I go back and try to switch from Dropbox to iCloud I get the same error message Failed to fetch some error zones. Help Please

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dp65246: I'm sorry to hear that! Go ahead and try again, as I was just able to sync successfully with iCloud. It may have just been another problem server-side. Please let me know what you find. It may be necessary to contact Apple again, but I hope not!

• dp65246
    dp65246
    Community Member
    Options

Still no luck syncing with iCloud. Same error message

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dp65246,

Could you please send us a diagnostic report just following seeing that error message? You can find instructions here:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• yanyunyong
    yanyunyong
    Community Member
    Options

I manually removed the 1password data on iCloud (IPhone / Settings / iCloud). And then re-sync, it prompted me "1password icloud failed to fetch some record zones".

• yanyunyong
    yanyunyong
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • Ben
    Options

Hi @yanyunyong,

Please see the instructions here to send us a diagnostic report. Thanks!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As this is an old thread, we'll be updating the new one regarding our investigation into the current iCloud sync issue. Please see the discussion here:

"Failed to fetch record zones" error on iCloud Sync

• Ben
    Options

The latest information on this issue can be found here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.