Comments on OTP Beta

rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

Hello,

I've just started looking into two factor authentication now I see 1Password has started to implement it inside the newest iOS Beta. I've set it up for Dropbox and it works great. However a couple of issues.

After I setup the one time password, it showed me a conflicted one. Each time I delete it, another appears. I delete those two and a third appears. I am now totally unable to delete those conflicted items!?

Secondly the sliding animation when an item is deleted seems to be broken. Parts overlap and look transparent.

Also, Now I ahve enabled two factor, what happens when this beta expires and you move to TestFlight? I haven't been accepted (or not heard yet) Should I disable two factor on my Dropbox account just to be on the safeside?

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Should I disable two factor on my Dropbox account just to be on the safeside?

I'll let the Agile folks address your issue reports. Might I suggest you install another released OTP app e.g. Google's authenticator. Then reset the OTP in your accounts but take a photo of the QR code in both apps before validating it on the website. That way you are protected from whatever bugs there might be in the 1PW betas and whatever happens with respect to your future participation in the beta programme.

• Thanks for the info @rctneil.There has been an issue in some recent betas where certain fields are being duplicated as conflicts when syncing occurs. I believe we have the fix for this and should be available in an updated beta very soon.

If you haven't already then please send us your information for TestFlight. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/32978/closing-down-the-hockeyapp-beta-and-joining-the-testflight-beta#latest We are hopeful that we can get everyone interested a spot, but we will have to see how many sign up. I am pretty confident that those who have signed up already will make it :-)

It also shouldn't be too long until we have this in the stable version.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Ok, I've added the code to Google authenticator as well and both apps are generating the same codes. Brilliant. The QR code scanning is superfast too so great work.

Really looking forward to seeing the TFA features rolled out across all platforms over time.

By the way, I sent another email into your TestFlight beta address but not heard anything. Just wondering if I should start looking out for one or if you had not started the transfer process from HockeyApp to TestFlight.

Feature request: Would it be possible for you to be able to generate a QR code from an existing OTP field which you could export to a camera roll photo for if you ever need to move the OTP generation to another app on a different device?

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni

@rctnell There's quite a stack of applications in my inbox right now. Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience. =) (P.S. Check your inbox!)

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

That's ok, Thanks. I just wasn't sure if applications had started to be checked. That was all. Thanks again.

• Hi @rctneil,

Yea, the whole process is manual and it's going to take some time for us to get to everybody's application. We have started a few days ago.

On behalf of the team here, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.