Customize Vault names in iOS?

Options
Don MacAskill
Don MacAskill
Community Member

In our family, the kids' Primary Vaults sync via Dropbox to the parents' account. On the Mac, this works great, because we can rename the default '1Password' Vault name to each kid's name.

On iOS, not only can't we rename, but we can't sync at all, presumably because it can't handle more than one vault with the name '1Password'. I cannot add a 2nd sync'd Primary Vault.

Possible to add the optional renaming functionality to the iOS app as well, so I can sync all of our Vaults properly?

Thanks!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DonMacAskill, welcome to the forums!

On iOS, not only can't we rename, but we can't sync at all, presumably because it can't handle more than one vault with the name '1Password'. I cannot add a 2nd sync'd Primary Vault.

You're correct, and our developers are aware of this issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully this will be fixed sometime soon, although I don't have any timeframe for that.

ref: OPI-1923

Possible to add the optional renaming functionality to the iOS app as well, so I can sync all of our Vaults properly?

This is definitely on our developers' list of features to add to the iOS version of 1Password (again, I don't have a timeframe for when that might be added). Thanks for letting us know you'd also like to have that feature!

For now, if you want to be able to sync your kids' Primary vaults to 1Password on the same iOS device, a workaround would be to disable sync for those vaults on each device/computer where they are currently syncing, rename the 1Password.agilekeychain file for that vault in Dropbox to something unique (for example, kidsname.agilekeychain), and then re-enable sync with those vaults on each device/computer. When you add them to your own iOS device as secondary vaults, it should work because each vault will have a different name.

If you need more specific instructions on how to do any of that, just let us know. Thanks!

• Don MacAskill
    Don MacAskill
    Community Member
    Options

This worked like a charm, thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all @Don MacAskill, thanks for letting us know that helped! :smiley:

If you ever need anything else, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.