Pro features not unlocking still

Options
pianosdr
pianosdr
Community Member

Hello,

I purchased 1Password 3.0 a while back, and ever since the update to the new 1Password, I haven't been able to unlock the pro features by clicking on "Restore Purchases." The app only hangs at this point.

I did notice the stickied thread about deleting the app and reinstalling via the App Store rather than iTunes, but I did this and am still experiencing the problem. I am currently using the app on an iPhone 5 with the latest OS and updated 1password app (v. 5.1.2).

Thank you,

-pianosdr

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

A 1P3 purchase will not suffice to unlock the 1P5 Pro features. I'm afraid you have to pay to unlock the Pro features in 1P5.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pianosdr‌

@Stephen_C is correct [thanks for the assist]. The Pro features in 1Password 5 for iOS are a separate purchase from 1Password 3 for iOS.

Thanks!

• pianosdr
    pianosdr
    Community Member
    Options

Is support going to drop for the $10 app that I purchased then?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pianosdr‌,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if we're still providing support for 1Password 3 for iOS?

• thedogfish
    thedogfish
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, all. Similar situation and question for me... I have been a regular user (and faithful evangelist) of 1PasswordPro for several years (since April 2010). I recently upgraded from v. 3.7.2 to 1P5, but I have been unsuccessful in restoring/unlocking the "Pro Features" despite troubleshooting via forum suggestions and completing several attempts at deleting and reinstalling 1P5 from the App Store cloud. Now, based on the comments in this thread, it sounds like I will need to "re-purchase" to activate the Pro features? While we are only talking about $6, this seems like a bit of a bait-and-switch and it is very frustrating since I originally spent $14.99 for the app. At the very least, AgileBits should prominently state/post that users who upgrade from 1PasswordPro v.3.7.2 will not be granted access to the Pro Features in 1P5 and save folks a lot of time and hassle. Honestly, it would be nice to have a promo code to cover this cost.

• Ben
    Options

HI @thedogfish‌

I apologize for any miscommunicated expectations here, but as was mentioned above the Pro features in 1Password 5 for iOS are a separate purchase from 1Password 3 for iOS. This is in-line with our normal upgrade policy, which is that minor updates (e.x. v3.1 -> v3.2) are included with your original purchase, and new major versions (e.x. v3 -> v4) are sold separately.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.