Updated 1Password 4 to 1Password 5. Not recognizing Pro Features.

Options
Arcaen
Arcaen
Community Member

Hello,

After I restored and then updated my new iPad to iOS 8 a week ago, one of the first apps I updated (from 1Password 4 to 1Password 5) and opened was 1Password. As I expected, it needed to be set up again, but when I tried to do so, it crashed consistently after successfully accessing the Dropbox vault, specifically on the first-time vault unlock part (this isn't the problem though. I was fine with that). Due to that, I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the App Store, like I had before. I read the post by Megan so I know that by downloading it from the App Store the problem with iTunes other people had isn't my issue. What my issue is seems to be that after reinstalling the app, it doesn't recognize that I should have automatically been given 'Pro' status. I've reinstalled the app 2 more times over the week, and once more today to make sure.

Today, on the first launch since the latest reinstall, this is the screen I was greeted to (I waited for it to fully sync):

I considered that maybe the app just needed to be restarted to recognize that I was a previous user, so I did as such. This time, I was greeted to this:

Naturally, I went into settings and looked to see if using Restore Purchases would help (I doubted it would, since I'm positive that it would only work for in-app purchases, which the 1Password 4 version lacked). When I tap it, no prompt opens no matter how long I wait, which I figure is a bug as well since iTunes usually asks for a password and then checks to see if you have any previous purchases. The screen will just stay like this forever if I let it:

I'm trying to be patient. I didn't need to use my iPad much this week so I pushed the problem off until now. I've been a paying customer of 1Password on my iPod Touch 5 and my iPad for over a year now, and I have the Windows version. The fact that now I cannot access a portion of an app I use daily on one of my devices is very irritating. I sincerely hope I do not have to spend even more money just to get back the features I already had on just the upgraded version of a device I've already used for a year.

Thank you,
Arcaen

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Arcaen‌

Can you do the following please. In 1Password for iOS navigate to Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Log Settings and scroll down to the bottom of the list. Then enable In-App Purchase. After that try Restoring Purchases... giving it a moment and even repeating once more to ensure whatever is happening is in the log.

Then I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• ccd249
    ccd249
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Very frustrating please help. Not sure how to contact you all for help. Don't want to leave emIl. Will try to check this page again if I can find it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ccd249, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry you're also having trouble with the Pro Features. Just to make sure I understand, is the problem that you tap Restore Purchases but then nothing happens? Or do you receive an error message? Also, can you confirm that you had previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS?

One thing you can try is to delete the 1Password 5 app and reinstall it from the App Store on your device. Before deleting it, make sure you have all your 1Password data synced/backed up somewhere other than your iOS device. You can save a backup to your computer by following the steps here.

After reinstalling it, and making sure you're signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID you had used to purchase 1Password 4 for iOS, try again to restore Pro Features. If it doesn't seem to be doing anything, please give it a minute or two. If it still doesn't seem like anything is happening, try this:

• Double-click the Home button and swipe up on the 1Password app to close it.
    • Restart your iOS device (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again).
    • After the restart, open 1Password and go to Settings > Pro Features.
    • Try again to Restore Purchase.

Let us know how it goes and if it's still a problem, we'll take it from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.