App Name next to Orange Dot

english06
english06
Community Member

Small complaint truly unrelated to the beta, but the "1Pass..." is driving me insane on my home screen. 1Password doesn't fit because of the Beta dot. Any possibility to rename the app for all beta builds as "1Pass" so that it fits alongside the orange dot?

Comments

• Hi @english06,

Unfortunately, that is not possible because we're using the same builds as we would with the App Store. TestFlight and App Store are integrated, so if we rename it to 1Pass, it would also be 1Pass later when we submit it for final release.

In addition, any apps would be affected with the same issue if they use TestFlight to beta test their apps. So, renaming the app doesn't fix this.

My suggestion is to send in feedback about TestFlight to Apple and ask them to reconsider the beta dot. If they use like a mask or flag on the app's icon instead, it wouldn't truncate the app names. You can do that either at Apple's Bug Reporter if you're a developer or their feedback page here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

• english06
    english06
    Community Member

I figured as much. Didn't figure it would hurt to ask and check though. Thanks!

• No problem, thanks for checking in anyway.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

I was wondering if the only way to determine the beta was the orange color next to the name. Similar in nature to the blue one for app updates.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Merged my own topic into this one as it answers my question on the color of the dot.

• MikeT
    edited January 2015

Yep, orange dots for all beta apps that are in TestFlight and blue dots for recently updated apps via App Store.

At least Apple's consistent.

This discussion has been closed.