Unable to Wifi Sync PC and iPhone

Options

I have been using 1password for several weeks and have been able to wifi sync between my iPhone and PC without any problems. I am using iOs version 5.1.2 and Windows version 4.1.0.530. Starting yesterday, I have been unable to WiFi sync. With the WiFi sync window open, my iPhone finds my PC, Secret password is correct, I select sync now and iPhone says Sync started. After a period of time iPhone gets the error: Sync Problem The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out. Of note, in the past when I was able to sync, my PC asked me to re-enter my password. I am not getting this prompt on my PC and don't know if this is the problem. I can still iCloud sync. I have restarted both the PC and iPhone and still get the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• RustyForeman
    RustyForeman
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to sync via Wi-Fi option from iPhone to Windows PC the message on iPhone initially says Sync started, then after a minute or two a message pops up "Sync Problem. The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out."

• chaag46
    chaag46
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member
    Options

A couple things to check that I found that would help is that both the PC and iPhone clocks need to be the same time. Obviously the iPhone needs to be on the same wireless network as the PC, and last after checking those two, is to do a reset to the iPhone (hold the power button down till the "Slide to Off" button comes on, then restart after complete shut down. After restarting iPhone, open the 1Password on the iPhone, enter your password, then try to sync from the PC.
    Hope that helps,

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Also, please make sure you're using the latest build of 1Password.

Let us know how it goes, @chaag46‌!

• Coolname
    Coolname
    Community Member
    Options

Dear all, I have exactly the same problem. I tried also a setup with an Adhoc wifi from my laptop, but with exactly the same problem: Operation timed out.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Coolname, are you using the latest build of 1Password 4 for Windows?

• RustyForeman
    RustyForeman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the recommendation. I have now re-started my iphone and checked to make sure I am using most current version of 1Password on iphone and Windows PC. The result is the same. No success. Same error message as my original message. Please help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are the phone and the desktop both on the same subnet?

Are you keeping the 1Password for Windows Wi-Fi sync window open?

Just in case, the instructions are here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/syncing-over-wi-fi

• RustyForeman
    RustyForeman
    Community Member
    Options

I followed instructions above to the letter. This time the operation failed but I received different Sync Problem error. "The operations couldn't be completed. Bad file descriptor."

• Hi Jones,

Thanks for writing in.
    Have you made any changes to your PC in recent days? Did you install any software that influenced the network settings of your PC?

Or did you make any changes to your network setup?

Any clues you can give us might help.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

• jonesmccas
    jonesmccas
    Community Member
    Options

No, no changes at all to the PC, iPhone, or network.

• Ayalas
    Ayalas
    Community Member
    Options

I just downloaded 1Password for first time today. I was unable to sync between my Windows computed and my iPhone 6. I followed the procedure as per instructions but my phone keeps on Timing out.

• Ayalas
    Ayalas
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem as described by RustyForeman. I also tried followed the steps/recommendations above provided (i.e. same wireless network, same clock on both devices, reset iPhone, keeping the 1Password for Windows Wi-Fi sync window open), but still didn't work. I get the same message every time:"Sync Problem. The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out"

• wi49ersfan
    wi49ersfan
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I have the exact same problem as described by RustyForeman. I also tried followed the steps/recommendations above provided (i.e. same wireless network, same clock on both devices, reset iPhone, keeping the 1Password for Windows Wi-Fi sync window open), but still didn't work. I get the same message every time:"Sync Problem. The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out".

There seems to be a common problem as a number of users are having the same issue. Windows 1P version 4.1.0.530. iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.1.2 and 1P version 5.1.2.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jonesmccas‌, please try restarting both the iPhone and PC and then trying the sync again.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Note: I've merged several threads, as they all seem to describing the same problem.

• Ayalas
    Ayalas
    Community Member
    Options

DBrown, I have tried almost every trick in the hat, including restarting both iPhone and PC, I read in another post that there is/was an issue with Display Zoom view in the iPhone, therefore I changed back to standard. Anyway, you guys seem to have a problem with this version of 1Password. I would appreciate your help. I have purchased both Pro license for iOS as well as the License key for 1Password for Windows; so far I have not been very impressed.

• Ayalas
    Ayalas
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

This is exactly what I have:

Windows 1P version 4.1.0.530.

iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.1.2 and 1P version 5.1.2 (501204)

• jonesmccas
    jonesmccas
    Community Member
    Options

Yay! I am able to WiFi sync between my iPhone and PC again. The problem was with my Norton Security Suite firewall. I normally use Chrome for my browser, but opened an Explorer window and had no internet access. (Chrome was working fine). I ran the Windows Network Diagnostics and it said my Norton product was not installed properly. The diagnostic asked to fix the problem, but it was unable to do so. I went into the Norton settings and reset the firewall. This restored my internet access via Explorer and also fixed the problem with the WiFi sync. Now when I click "Sync Now" on my iPhone, a window pops up on the PC asking for my password and the sync begins after it is entered. I didn't knowingly change my firewall and just happened to stumble on the fact that there was. Not sure that this will help others, but it worked for me. Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Ayalas
    Ayalas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but I am still having problems with the WiFi sync

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014
    Options

That’s great news, @jonesmccas—thanks for letting us know!

@Ayalas‌, is there anything in this thread that you haven't tried yet? If so, please give it a try, and let us know whether it helps.

Also, have you tried setting up an ad how Wi-Fi network, to see whether that gives better results? I found instructions here:

(They don't seem to offer similar info for Windows 8, but perhaps it's similar enough to follow along.)

• Ayalas
    Ayalas
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown, I've tried everything in this thread, no success so far. I even tried deleting and downloading the 1Password app one more time from the App Store. Tried the wifi sync process one more time (same wireless network, keeping the 1Password for Windows Wi-Fi sync window open), I still get the same message: ""Sync Problem. The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out". I even tried with my iPad 2 and got the exact same results. I guess I am out of luck.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Did you try an ad hoc Wi-Fi network, too?

Beyond that, no one here can think what to recommend.

• Ayalas
    Ayalas
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried an "ad-hoc" Wi-Fi network, still unable to sync. Can you suggest some other (reliable) way for me to sync? Otherwise, I need the instructions for a full refund. Thanks in advance.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dropbox is the one method that works with all four platforms for which we provide 1Password, as described in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide article, Syncing your 1Password data.

Follow instructions for the scenario that matches yours, in this article: Setting up Dropbox sync

• AIZZAMIL
    AIZZAMIL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Ayalas. I have the same problem and I have solve it. You just need to allow your firewall to allow connection with 1Password application in the System and Security setting. Hope, this will help you.

• Hey AIZZAMIL,

Thanks for chiming in here.
    I see you have two entries for 1Password there. One will be for the Agile1pAgent.exe, the other for the 1Password.exe.

The thing I would recommend here, though, is to not allow this on public networks.
    While your 1Password is only every being transferred in encrypted form, it would make more sense to set up a personal hotspot with the iPhone when you're on the go and classify this as a private network on your PC, than to sync this over a potentially compromised open Wi-Fi.

Cheers

• wi49ersfan
    wi49ersfan
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown, I am still having this problem and cannot sync. This has been going on since December 2014. Can someone please contact me to get this resolved? I'm in the same situation as Ayalas. If I cannot get this resolved, I would like a refund.

• LauraR
    edited March 2015
    Options

@wi49ersfan - Could you create a diagnostics report as per this guide -

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. Please can you also include a link back to this discussion.

• wi49ersfan
    wi49ersfan
    Community Member
    Options

@LauraR, the diagnostics report has been sent.

This discussion has been closed.