roboform import -= after the import

Hi - I was able to import data from Roboform. All the items imported as "unassigned". I have put them in "folders". However, the titles contain the folder structure from Roboform. Is there any way to "mass edit" the title field (i.e. find and replace)?

Otherwise, I have to edit over a hundred entries one at a time.

thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2011
    That's interesting, DaveRo. I believe the last few builds of 1Password have included the ability to import Passcards of the form "folder-name/item-name" by creating folders with the specified names that contain items with the specified names.

Can I ask you to launch 1Password, choose Help > About 1Password, and let us know what version you're using?

You might also enable the "Include Beta versions" option (on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences), and click the Check Now button to get the latest build.

As far as bulk edits, I'm afraid our 1Password line of products currently doesn't include that capability.
  • DaveRo
    DaveRo
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

That's interesting, DaveRo. I believe the last few builds of 1Password have included the ability to import Passcards of the form "folder-name/item-name" by creating folders with the specified names that contain items with the specified names.

Can I ask you to launch 1Password, choose Help > About 1Password, and let us know what version you're using?

You might also enable the "Include Beta versions" option (on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences), and click the Check Now button to get the latest build.

As far as bulk edits, I'm afraid our 1Password line of products currently doesn't include that capability.

Thanks.... I did the import a while ago. maybe I'll try it again. from Roboform the export needs to be in html format, right? I am using the current version of 1Password. when I opened it I was prompted to update to the latest version.

I'll try the import again. I'm running roboform and 1password side by side.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2011
    Dave, be sure to use Roboform version 6.9 or earlier to create the export file.

As explained in How do I import data into 1Password for Windows? in the FAQ section of the user's guide:

In RoboForm 6.9, use the “print list” feature, making sure you select the “full URLs” option, to create an HTML file containing your Passcards. Import the resulting HTML file into 1Password for Windows.

Important: Roboform 6.10 and later versions seem not to include the ability to export your complete Passcard data. If you don’t select the “full URLs” option available in Roboform 6.9, your imported Logins won’t work as expected in 1Password for Windows.

Passcards exported from version 6.10 or later will require a great deal of editing to yield usable Logins in 1Password.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    DaveRo wrote:

Hi - I was able to import data from Roboform. All the items imported as "unassigned". I have put them in "folders". However, the titles contain the folder structure from Roboform.

This has been fixed in 1.0.3.BETA-159
This discussion has been closed.