iPad stucked Restoring Purchase of Pro Features

Options
German Quezada
German Quezada
Community Member

i recently downloaded 1password for iOS and after installing the app and syncing in the category panel appears PRO CATEGORIES and i click it and try to restore the pro features but it get stucked trying to download the package showing "Restoring Purchase"

what can i do??

thanks

Comments

• Good morning, German, and sorry for the trouble you're having here. We've had a handful of reports similar to yours recently and are working to track down this issue. I believe I might have found the cause, but it's really too soon to tell. There are currently no known workarounds, but rest assured that we are trying to track it down.

• wboevink
    wboevink
    Community Member
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue.

• iStian
    iStian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue.
    i have the pro feature on both my iPad mini and iPhone 6, however, i got an iPad Air 2 for xmas, and on the iPad Air i Get the categories after syncing but when pressing restore purchase to Get the access to the content it just hangs....

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wboevink and @iStian,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry you're having trouble restoring the Pro Features.

As long as you previously purchased the Pro Features for 1Password 5 for iOS (or if you previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS), restoring Pro Features should work as long as you're signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID you had originally used for that purchase. However, sometimes there's a problem doing that if the 1Password 5 app was installed through iTunes, rather than directly on the device. In that case, deleting 1Password 5 and reinstalling it directly from the App Store should solve the problem.

Before deleting it, make sure you have all your 1Password data synced/backed up somewhere other than your iOS device. If your 1Password data is up to date on another device, in Dropbox, or elsewhere, that's fine. You can also save a backup to your computer by following the steps here.

Then, simply delete 1Password 5, and install it again from the App Store. Open the app and go through the setup, then go to Settings > Pro Features and try again to Restore Purchase.

Does that help at all? Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• iStian
    iStian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I have tried your suggestion above several times, and no luck.
    I am sure that I use the same Apple ID that I used when purchasing the pro feature.
    The Apple ID that was used for purchasing the pro feature is a member of family sharing, so I was thinking there might be an issue related to this....
    The Apple ID used for the purchase was added as a part of family sharing a couple of weeks ago. The pro feature was bought prior to the Apple ID being added to family sharing. When installed on the iPad mini and iPhone 6 the Apple ID was not part of family sharing, however both the iPhone and iPad mini had the old version of 1password installed.

On the iPad Air I have removed the Apple ID from the family sharing, then logged into App Store with the ID and downloaded the 1Password app directly from the App Store on my iPad.
    Have deleted the app several times, downloaded it again with the correct Apple ID (now not part of family sharing) but still no luck....

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iStian‌

I've found the bug report @MrRooni‌ was referring to. It's still ongoing I'm afraid. Hopefully we'll have some good news soon. What puzzles me is why it doesn't seem to be affecting more people. Sorry it isn't better news at the moment.

I'm assuming you've tried a reboot once or twice through all of your battles?

ref: OPI-1930

• iStian
    iStian
    Community Member
    Options

Update, I have just tried resetting my iPad Air to factory settings, still no luck!

• German Quezada
    German Quezada
    Community Member
    Options

i've already tried everything. i deleted the app and redownloaded.. reboot the device ... drain the battery...

i deleted the app from my iphone 6 and redownloaded and no problems at all....
    but in my ipad (that was the original device with problems)... with the same account same iCloud account and it just get stucked on restoring purchase...

• ciara
    ciara
    Community Member
    Options

i have the same issue. I had 1password pro... but it demanded an update. i was shocked to find it installed a 2nd 1password app (how confusing). i removed the old one from my iPad... (its still in itunes showing it was pro)... i've hit 'restore purchase' and its been 'restoring purchases' for the past 5 min... seems it should be faster than that. plus i only have it on this id (i've never had a 2nd apple id for my ipad purchases).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iStian‌,

Unfortunately Apple doesn't support in-app purchases as part of their Family Sharing feature. To restore Pro Features, you'll need to be signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID that was used to purchase the Pro Features. From your description, I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Can you confirm if you're signed in with the Apple ID you used for that purchase?

Hi @German Quezada,

Did you purchase the Pro Features in 1Password 5 for iOS, or had you previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS? Also, are you signed in the App Store with the same Apple ID you used to make that purchase? (I wasn't quite sure if that's what you meant, so I wanted to double-check that with you.)

Hi @ciara,

From your description, it sounds like you previously purchased 1Password Pro, which was version 3 of 1Password for iOS. The Pro Features in version 5 are free if you purchased 1Password 4 for iOS (which was sold separately from 1Password 3/Pro). If you bought version 3 but not version 4, you would need to make the in-app purchase to unlock Pro Features in version 5 (or you can use the basic features in version 5 for free).

I'm very sorry for any confusion! Please let us know if you have more questions about that.

• German Quezada
    German Quezada
    Community Member
    Options

hey hi @Andrew_AG‌
    actually i don't know which pro version was bought cause my ex-girl bought on my account lol but if im not wrong the pro features were bought like 7-8 moths ago.... and yes both accounts are the same, the one that i used to bought pro features and that im using right now.

the point here is that in my iphone 6 i don't have any problems after downloading and then deleting and reinstalling the app, the pro features are ok
    but when i try to do the same with my ipad mini 1st gen (downloaded from the cloud from the same account that i use in my iphone) go to try to unlock pro features... press the option "restore purchase" instead of pay 9.99 bucks for the pro features and the ipad just get stucked loading these pro features . Then, when i get tired of being waiting, i quit that window and in my categories appears a yellow star with the title of Pro Features that redirect you to that same window.

i don't know why in my iphone can have these pro features and in my ipad can't....

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @German Quezada,

Thanks for confirming that. The reason I asked about the purchase was because if you previously bought 1Password 3 for iOS (also known as 1Password Pro), but not 1Password 4 for iOS, the Pro Features wouldn't be free. But it sounds like you bought version 4, so the Pro Features should be unlocking for you.

I'm not sure why it works correctly on your iPhone but not your iPad, but there are a few things you can try:

• First, open the Settings app and go to iTunes & App Store. Make sure the Apple ID shown there is the one you used to purchase 1Password 4 for iOS.

• Next, open the 1Password app, then double-click the Home button and swipe up on 1Password to close it.

• Restart your iPad (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again).

• After the restart, open 1Password and go to Settings > Pro Features, then tap Restore Purchase.

Does that make any difference? If not, you can also try logging out of your Apple ID (from Settings.app > iTunes & App Store) on your iPad, then sign back in and try again. Please let us know how it all goes, thanks!

• iStian
    iStian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG,

When trying to unlock the Pro features on my iPad I am signed into the same account used to purchase the Pro features on both my iPad mini and iPhone.

The Apple ID used to purchase the Pro features is part of family sharing, so to try and eliminate potential erros I have removed the Apple ID used to purchase the Pro features from the apple family sharing group.

So now when I try to restore purchases I am logged in with the same Apple ID used to purchase the Pro features and the Apple ID is no longer part of family sharing.
    Still no luck.

• iStian
    iStian
    Community Member
    Options

An update,

I have an old iPhone 5, installed 1password on tried to restore purchase.... Worked like a charm! However, the iPhone is running iOS 8.1.1 and the iPad Air is running 8.1.2.
    I have a second iPad Mini running iOS 8.1.2, restore purchase did not work...

When I unlocked the pro feature on my My iPhone 6 and iPad Mini they were both running iOS 8.1.1 since 8.1.2 was not yet released.

• Ben
    Options

Interesting. Could you please try something for me? In 1Password on iOS under Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Log Settings please enable the "In-App Purchase" option, attempt to restore the purchase, and then email us a diagnostics report.

You can find instructions for creating a report here: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it (you should get a ticket # emailed by BitBot that you can post here). :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• wboevink
    wboevink
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I'm also using family sharing and I'm on the latest iOs on a iPad air 2. Diagnostic report is on its way.

• iStian
    iStian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi bwoodruff,

I have now sent a diagnostic report. Hopefully this will give you some more insight.
    If there is anything else you would like me to do let me know.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wboevink,

We received your Diagnostics Report, thanks for sending it! I updated the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with more information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: JZS-18752-578

Hi @iStian‌,

I took a look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address associated with your forum account. If you haven't received a reply to that email yet and want to make sure we've received it, please send me a private message with the email address you used to send it, and I'll be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered as soon as possible. Thanks!

• iStian
    iStian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG‌

I accidentally sent it from a different e-mail address than the one associated with my forum account.
    I have sent you a pm with the e-mail used to send the diagnostic report.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iStian‌,

Thanks, I found the email you sent from your other address, and I added some details to the email thread to help our support team get up to speed. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email. Thanks for your patience while we try to work this out!

ref: NEE-16819-461

This discussion has been closed.