Can't do Wi-Fi sync since upgrading to OS X 10.10 and 1P v5

lpn
lpn
Community Member

As the title says, since upgrading OS X to 10.10(.1) and consequently upgrading 1Password to v 5(.0.2) from the Agile web store, the Wi-Fi sync with 1P (whatever the latest version for iOS 8.1.2 is) no longer works. Everything was fine while the machine was running 1Password v 4.(?.?, whatever the latest version of v 4 is) on OS X 10.9(.?). The iPhone recognizes the computer, shows its name, IP address and port, and when clicking Sync Now, it shows Sync Started, but nothing happens. Eventually the iPhone shows timeout error; when clicking More info, it says "Sync problem. Error domain=NPOSIXErrorDomain Code =60...Operation timed out".

Again, everything was working fine until upgrading 1P to v5.

Any ideas how to fix this, and also -- when will 1P have a reliable sync (that doesn't uses third party services)?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Try these two solutions:

1. disable wifi sync on the iOS device then re-enable it and see if that works; and/or
    2. reboot both the Mac and the iOS device and try wifi sync again.

I'm assuming both Mac and iOS device are on the same wifi network.

when will 1P have a reliable sync (that doesn't uses third party services)?

For what it's worth, wifi sync works perfectly for me all of the time between my Mac (on the one hand) and iPad and iPhone on the other. I'm also using version 5 of 1P on both (although I'm using the 5.1 beta on the Mac, where I believe some improvements have been made to wifi sync).

Stephen

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member

@Stephen_C‌: Tried these already, together with even more extreme troubleshooting step -- deleting both programs (including removing any 1P for OS X settings, obviously while keeping a backup of the database) and installing them again, but no go.

The devices are on the same network; as I mentioned in my original post, everything was working before switching to 10.10 and "upgrading" 1P, and the iPhone sees the Mac even after that.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Sorry that didn't help. There are two further ideas in this AgileBits post.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lpn‌

Let us know if that thread helped at all, if not we can continue the troubleshooting.

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member

@Stephen_C‌ and @littlebobbytables‌: disabling the firewall didn't help, but creating an ad hoc wi-fi network worked. It is not a perfect solution, as I have to recreate it for every sync, but at least now I can sync my devices.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lpn‌

It certainly isn't meant as even a workaround, merely a troubleshooting step. What this tells us is it is working but something to do with your network setup could be interfering.

Can you try powering down all the Macs connected to the router and the router as well please (assuming you don't mind doing so), see if something funky is going on there and I'll confer with others here as to what else might be playing a part in this.

This discussion has been closed.