How Can I Sync v3.7.2 with 5.0.2

Captain_Mike
Captain_Mike
Community Member

I would be grateful for advice on how I can sync my iphone 4 (Model A1332) running ios 7.1.2, with my mac "mini", running OSX Yosemite 10.10.1. Dropbox doesn't seem to work - should it work across these different versions and if not, how can I sync?

Comments

• Hello @Captain_Mike‌,

Regrettably, Dropbox made some changes to their API that caused 1Password 3 Pro on iOS to no longer sync via Dropbox.

One option you could do is download 1Password 3 for Mac (available at the bottom of this page) and setup Dropbox sync between that and 1Password 5.0.2 on the same system. Then do a WiFi sync between 1Password 3 Pro on your iPhone and 1Password 3 on your Mac.

When you launch 1Password 3 for Mac, set it up as an existing user and point it toward your Dropbox folder.

At this point WiFi sync is your best option for syncing data from 1Password 3 Pro on your iPhone, and it still sync smoothly with 1Password 3 on a Mac. Have a look at this WiFi sync guide for additional details.

I realize it's not ideal, but it should keep your devices synced with each other!

Sean

• Captain_Mike
    Captain_Mike
    Community Member

Many thanks Sean. Or perhaps this is the excuse I need to buy a newer iphone!!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@Captain_Mike‌,

glad @SeanFoster could help! If you are anything like me, you are happy to have an excuse for a new iOS device ;)

This discussion has been closed.