BitTorrent Sync

Options
David McBride
David McBride
Community Member

I know it's been mentioned before, but many of us don't want to trust DropBox or iCloud with our most sensitive/important data; and WiFi sync, even if it works well, does not provide a full solution to replace similar sync services.

Is there a plan to support BitTorrent Sync for iOS? If so, sometime soon, perhaps? :smile:

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Why don't you want to trust iCloud or Dropbox? I think Dropbox is great, does the job, and it's secured.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

WiFi sync, even if it works well, does not provide a full solution to replace similar sync services

I'm not sure I understand this: why? What doesn't wifi sync do (assuming you're talking about Mac > iOS and vice versa) that the other sync services do? (Perhaps you're not talking exclusively of Mac > iOS sync.)

Stephen

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prime‌,

we are always looking into adding more sync solutions. I cannot tell you however when and which sync solution we will add. It is on our radar and I will put your vote for adding BitTorrent Sync in.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

thanks @Winnie‌ but it was @David McBride‌ Who wanted the vote :) I'm all for more options though.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for catching that @prime. :)

This discussion has been closed.