Syncing between Mac running Yosemite and IOS devices

heyms1
heyms1
Community Member

I purchased iPassword for my Mac running Yosemite over the weekend from your web site and just noticed that it isn't syncing to the app on my iPad through Dropbox and just noticed that I had to buy your app through the Apple Store. What should I do?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @heyms1,

Thanks for your purchase, and welcome to the forums! :smiley:

You would only need the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac if you want to use iCloud sync. If you're using Dropbox sync, the version you bought from our web store definitely supports that.

To figure out why Dropbox sync isn't working for you, can you please let me know which version of 1Password you have on your iPad? You can use this image to help you identify your version.

Assuming you're using 1Password 4 or 5 on your iPad, the first thing to check is that Dropbox sync is enabled in 1Password on your Mac and iPad:

On your Mac, open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences, then click the Sync tab. Does that show that it's syncing with Dropbox? If not, follow these steps to set up Dropbox sync.

On your iPad, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync. Does it show that the Sync Service is Dropbox? If not, follow these steps to set up Dropbox sync.

If Dropbox sync is already set up in 1Password on your Mac and iPad, but the sync isn't working, follow these steps to make sure they're syncing with the same keychain file in Dropbox:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences
    • Click the Sync tab
    • Check the file path for the 1Password.agilekeychain file

On your iPad:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Sync Service
    • Check the file path for the 1Password.agilekeychain file (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox)

If the problem is that one is syncing with a different keychain file than the other, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct keychain file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.