Trial license expired

codingmarmotte
codingmarmotte
Community Member

I know several other people have had the same problem - I bought 1Password 4 for the Mac, upgraded to 1Password 5 after installing Yosemite, and now I am seeing the Trial version expired message. I have tried to get the license key resent (to several email addresses!) but nothing has come through. I have check the the spam folders etc and there is nothing there either. Please can someone check if there is a problem with the licence? I registered this account with the 'most likely' email address.

Many thanks and keep up the great work on an increasingly indispensable product!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I'm assuming:

1. you definitely bought 1P4 from the AgileBits store and not from the Mac App Store (you can confirm that by going to 1P5 > About 1Password);
    2. you have looked at this sticky at the top of the forum (no doubt you have but I just wanted to be sure).

If you know you bought 1P4 from the AgileBits store you can email support+licenses @ agilebits.com with full details of your purchase (your full name and address, the email address you probably used, approximate date of purchase and a link to this thread) and AgileBits should be able to trace your licence and re-send it to you.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @codingmarmotte‌

Just to follow up on what Stephen_C suggested above, I did a quick search in our back office records using the email address attached to your forum account, however I was unable to find your license based on your email or name.

Did you purchase 1Password for the Mac from the Mac App Store? If so, the Mac App Store version of 1Password actually doesn't have a license key as it is tied to your Apple ID. The iOS versions of 1Password work the same way - you will have no purchase information stored in our records, the purchase is only tied to your AppleID.

If you're certain you purchased directly from the AgileBits webstore, follow Stephen's instructions to send a message in to our team and we'll get this sorted out!

• codingmarmotte
    codingmarmotte
    Community Member

Hi, thank you so much! I will send a list of possible email addresses and the other information to the email address mentioned above. I checked my Apple account and I bought the iOS version earlier this year - I must admit I am starting to doubt if I ever purchased the mac version as I cannot find any confirmation emails or receipts (and I usually file them away). If nothing comes of the search I will re-purchase through the app store.

I hope you are all having a great holiday/Christmas season!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @codingmarmotte‌

If you purchased via Apple's Mac App Store it is worth checking not just the Purchases tab in the OS X App Store but also for hidden purchases. There is an Apple KB which can be found at Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store. That will cover any possibility that you purchased the MAS version on this Apple ID. If you have more than one Apple ID don't forget to check the others.

Word on the street is the people here did have a great holiday and I hope you did too :smile:

This discussion has been closed.