iCloud already enabled..no luck

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I currently have 1P 5.0.2 on my Mac 10.10.1 bought from the app store. I recently had to wipe my hard drive and when I reinstalled 1P, it keeps on asking me to enable iCloud, despite it being enabled already. When opening my iCloud Drive options, I see that 1P mini is listed as one of the places where data is stored. I cannot log into my existing account and have tried restarting. 1P is not synced on any other devices for me.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does anything in the 1P iCloud FAQ help?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ysaks1,

If the iCloud FAQ that Stephen_C linked to doesn't help, we also have a guide to Troubleshooting iCloud Sync that can be helpful as well.

Of course, if the steps in that guide don't get things straightened out, we're here for you!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

None of that worked. All those instructions apply to re-syncing not signing into the account for the first time.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ysaks,

Are you attempting to access your 1Password data that you synced to iCloud? If you have a Time Machine backup from before you wiped your hard drive, it might be simpler to use Time Machine to locate the local 1Password data and restore it that way.

Do you have a recent Time Machine backup?

This discussion has been closed.