Sharing Primary Vault with My Wife

jperry1230
jperry1230
Community Member

I would like to use the same primary vault as my wife and have them synced with each other automatically. We have different accounts on the same Mac computer. When I logged into my account and created a master password, it is different from hers. I exported her 1password data and placed it in a public folder, then imported it into my primary vault. This worked, but when I change something, it doesn't update automatically. It seems like this approach would require me to export and import every time there is a change. Is it possible for us to share the same vault?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jperry1230,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! If you and your wife wish to use the same vault in 1Password, then you will need to use the same Master Password, because you'll both be accessing the same database.

The simplest way to set this up will be using Dropbox, although we might be able to make it work using Folder Sync and a shared folder.

In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Do you have an existing Dropbox account that we could use?

Once I know a bit more about your 1Password setup, I'll be able to provide more detailed instructions.

This discussion has been closed.