Synch options are grayed out.

Options
moniz
moniz
Community Member

Hi,
New to forum but using 1password for a while on Mac and a dozen of iOS devices. I recently start using my mac min as a server and on this mac mini install the 1 password app. the first time. I down loaded the app. from app. store but when i go to preference and synch option i see all three options are grayed out. Can not find any place i can point password to my account and activate it. I should mention that i had purchased the password from there site and later when i wanted iCloud to synch the logins i learned that this option is only available for accounts that had bought there app. from i cloud and i bought again 1password from iCloud.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moniz

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @moniz,

Thanks for your support of 1Password, and welcome to the forums!

When you installed 1Password on your Mac Mini, did you set 1Password up as a new user, or an existing user? If you already have data saved for 1Password, when you open 1Password for the first time, it should prompt you for your Master Password (if it has found data on your system). Let's get a few more details here:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Is iCloud Drive enabled on this Mac Mini, and are you logged in with the same AppleID as you are on your other devices?
    • Are all your other devices synced properly with iCloud?
    • I'd love to see a screenshot of the greyed out sync pane. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.