Purchased 1Password from agile bits but want to use it with all i Devices, mac and windows-pc...

Options
Noktem
Noktem
Community Member

Hi,

I´ve purchased 1password for mac and windows on december 25th from agile bits website. I want want to sync my password vault between all my devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, windows-PC). I try to find a way to do this but I had no success. Now I read that it is only possible to sync between
i-Devices and mac if I purchase a license using app store. Can you help me please to find a useful way to sync my devices, without buying more licenses?

Regards, Martin

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Now I read that it is only possible to sync between i-Devices and mac if I purchase a license using app store.

I don't know where you read that but it's incorrect. If you want to sync 1P data between Mac, PC and iOS devices you're going to have to use Dropbox. 1P for Mac from the AgileBits store supports Dropbox sync. (It doesn't support iCloud sync—but you can't use a PC on iCloud anyway.)

What you do need is 1P for iOS on your iOS devices. You'll find it in the iOS app store. It's free but with an in-app purchase to enable pro features. You can read about it here.

You'll obviously also need to be running 1P on the PC but as I don't use a PC these days I don't know anything about the versions of 1P for PCs.

I hope that's of some help. Please post again if you have more questions.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Noktem‌

Stephen_C is correct, if you want to sync multiple vaults or sync with a Windows PC then you'll want to use Dropbox and that sync method is available no matter where you purchased 1Password for Mac from.

Here are our Dropbox Sync pages:

If you have any questions about any stage of the process please post your questions here.

• Noktem
    Noktem
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, you´re right Steven, I meant this in context with iCloud. But thats ok, I will use dropbox. Thank you very much for your help.

Martin

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Noktem‌ Let us know if you have any issues setting up Dropbox :smile:

This discussion has been closed.