1Password 5, 1Password 4, 1Password IOS, Dropbox Upgrade question

Options
kiwilegal
kiwilegal
Community Member

Hi

I have just upgraded my desktop Mac Mini to Yosemite and am being offered upgrade to 1Password 5.

On my laptop, I must stay with Mountain Lion (work reasons) and, so, 1 Password 4 will remain there.

I have IOS 1Password on my iPhone and iPad, both running IOS8.

All devices keep together via syncing through Dropbox.

My question is this: Can I upgrade safely to 1Password 5 on my Mac Mini and still count on syncing both ways working with my other devices, and in particular my laptop on 1Password 4?

Thanks for your confirmation on this.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kiwilegal‌

Dropbox continues to be the Sync method that spans platforms and version numbers. You can safely update to 1Password 5 on your Yosemite machine and have it work in that setup.

• kiwilegal
    kiwilegal
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I will upgrade tomorrow. I was worried that 1password 5 might upgrade the database, leaving 1password 4 unable to read it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kiwilegal‌ The .agilekeychain hasn't changed since its introduction in 1Password 3 so even 1Password 3 for Mac can Dropbox sync with the others. As the for local vault (it's actually an encrypted sqlite database file), that hasn't changed between versions 4 and 5 and I've personally used a backup file created by 1Password 5 to populate a copy of 1Password 4 on another Mac. It should all be fine but if you have any issues we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.