Passport dates off by a day

kathampy
kathampy
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

The date fields in Passport are always displayed as YY/MM/DD no matter what the phone's regional settings are. I think this also happens on Mac.

This made me cause a critical mistake!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There is something strange on your system. That most certainly does not happen for me (using UK English regional settings I have all dates in UK format: DD/MM/YY).

Please tell us:

1. what versions of 1P you are using on your phone and Mac;
    2. what your regional settings are on both; and
    3. what your OS X and iOS versions are.

Stephen

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Sorry. The values were such that it appeared that was the error. There is a more serious error.

The dates (Date of Birth, Issued On, Expiry Date) in the iOS and Mac apps are 1 day less than the dates entered on Windows! If I enter 15th December 2014 on Windows, it shows 14th on iOS and Mac.

Further more, Issued On and Expiry Date are both shown twice on iOS. One set is correct and the other set is 1 day less. If I edit and save the item on iOS, the duplicates show up on Windows too and are 1 days less.

v5.1.2 on iOS
    v4.1.0.530 on Windows
    Can't see Mac right now.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kathampy,

Thanks for the additional information about that. That is definitely a bug, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers are aware of this issue (dates being off by 1 day) and are currently working on a fix, although I don't have a timeframe for when an update with the fix will be available.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I do hope we'll have a solution soon. If you need anything else, please let us know!

• vwl
    vwl
    Community Member

Hi, I can confirm that I am having the exact same issue as kathampy where 1Password shows the issue date and expiry date for all passports to be 1 day earlier than the date entered. Can you please expedite the fix for this unusual bug? I have not checked whether this issue also happens to expiry dates of credit cards etc. Thanks

• Thanks, @vwl. We've confirmed the bug, and our developers are already working on a fix.

• caf
    caf
    Community Member

Yes, I'm having the same problem myself .Date of Birth one day out . It is also a problem under 'Identities'

• caf
    caf
    Community Member

It's also a problem under 'drivers licence'

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, @caf! If you're interested in reading more information about this issue and the fix, there is another lengthy discussion about it, and a good starting point would be this particular post there.

• peter.galantha
    peter.galantha
    Community Member

Hi,

I am traveling between California and Hungary. When my mac changes timezone the passport dates are shifting. Is that the same issue? When can I expect it to be fixed?

Thanks,
    Peter

• Hi Peter,

Yes, that is the same issue. Please see the thread Drew mentioned.

Thanks!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@peter.galantha

Peter,

Please also see this blog posting. https://blog.agilebits.com/2015/04/20/1password-time-zones-and-you/

• Thanks @thightower! :)

This discussion has been closed.