License expired message

lonscher
lonscher
Community Member

Got a license expired message. I have a license but no license file. Tried having it sent to me but that apparently doesn't work either.

Comments

• lonscher
    lonscher
    Community Member

"I've lost my license" on the website is now working and all is good

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lonscher‌ Our form for resending licences was temporarily broken but once it was reported to us we got it sorted out. If you visit AgileBits Support page now it should send you your licence straight away. If you have any trouble doing so do please let us know.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Try again. In another thread, AgileBits reported a temporary issue with the automated sending of licenses.

If that doesn't work, check your spam folder.

If that still doesn't work, post again.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Three posts within a 5 minute period all from different users :stuck_out_tongue:

• kcbechtel
    kcbechtel
    Community Member

I'm having a similar problem, but might be because I purchased 1password through iTunes on my iPhone. I have the receipt for the purchase, but the automatic license finder says that there is no license attached with my email. How can I find this license so I can make sure 1password on my new mac isn't locked out of trial mode?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

AgileBits doesn't get any record of who purchases directly from Apple, which explains why their records don't have information about you. And licensing of software purchased from Apple is handled directly by Apple and is tied to the Apple ID used to purchase it. There aren't any license files or keys.

• Hi @kcbechtel,

Like hawkmoth mentioned, we don't have record of purchases from Apple's stores.

It also sounds like you may have purchased 1Password for iOS, not 1Password for Mac.

I purchased 1password through iTunes on my iPhone.

It's not possible to buy Mac apps via the App Store on an iPhone. You need to use the Mac App Store on a Mac.

• kcbechtel
    kcbechtel
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

@JasperP sorry for the delay here. So I need to purchase 1Password twice? Once for iOS and another $50 for Mac? I feel a like I got the bait and switch here.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The different platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android) have always required separate license purchases. That isn't the only option Agile could have chosen, but many of us would have objected to paying for platforms we never use had they gone for an all-platform license. So whatever they did, some people would have complaints.

However, you can buy a Mac and Windows bundle at a discount.

And nowadays (it's fairly recent) basic iOS (and Android) use is free, though there is an in-app purchase providing extra functions if you wish.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kcbechtel

I'm sorry you feel like that and it certainly is not our intent. As danco stated, our licences have always been per platform. Your copy of 1Password for iOS will of course continue to work even if you decide to forgo our Mac version. If you purchased version 4 of our iOS app this translates into the Pro features in version 5 which uses the freemium model.

Apple's stores don't support offering a targeted discount e.g. bundle deals or upgrade discounts but every so often we do put 1Password (MAS) on sale if the specific price is the point of contention. We announce these sales on both Twitter and Facebook. It might not make any difference but when I was merely a user I started with the Mac version and consider it money well spent having purchased versions 3 & 4 in the past. I wouldn't be without 1Password on either my Macs or iOS devices.

This discussion has been closed.